By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony: Expect fewer AAA Games

sales2099 said:
Raziel123 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

No, yeaaaah. Sony is clearly focusing on less 1st party and pushing 3rd party more. This is what MS has been doing for years and criticized for.

Sony is now throwing money at 3rd parties for exclusive advertising, betas, and content. Its cheaper than making games and still gets attention.

I'll post it again

Killzone Shadow Fall
Knack
Infamous Second Sun
Driveclub
LBP3
The Order 1886
Uncharted 4
Guerrilla Games new IP

+ MM, Santa monica, Quantic Dream and Sony bend

they're not cutting on first party, they're keeping it, plus expanding third party. And indies. so it's all growing. Which is why PS4 is going to have the best library in ages.

oh and Sony released 7 AAA first party exclusives in 2013...

2014 seems to be 3, which is normal after such a productive year

Will go back up in 2015-2016

Yawn......every Sony list compared to what actually comes out is surprisingly different.

2013: Killzone SF. Knack is questionably AAA and not even worth mentioning in any list.

2014: Infamous, Drive Club

Thats the reality list. "Guerrilla Games new IP, MM, Santa monica, Quantic Dream and Sony bend".......classic PS fan tactic. Hilarious, listing games that aren't even announced, nevermind with a release date, to artificially inflate your list. Let's see how many of those even make 2015.

They're all making games. Sorry if that hurts your feelings. You also forgot the 5 AAA game released in 2013 for the PS3.

Around the Network

I would prefer to get twice more AA games than what we have right now in AAA from first party studios, but not sure this is the best strategy

Raziel123 said:
sales2099 said:

Yawn......every Sony list compared to what actually comes out is surprisingly different.

2013: Killzone SF. Knack is questionably AAA and not even worth mentioning in any list.

Thats the reality list. "Guerrilla Games new IP, MM, Santa monica, Quantic Dream and Sony bend".......classic PS fan tactic. Hilarious, listing games that aren't even announced, nevermind with a release date, to artificially inflate your list. Let's see how many of those even make 2015.

They're all making games. Sorry if that hurts your feelings. You also forgot the 5 AAA game released in 2013 for the PS3.

Sounds like poor planning on Sonys part then. Because in 2 calendar years PS4 really only has 3 AAA games to show for itself.

Just try to refrain from listing developers as games on a list.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:
Raziel123 said:
sales2099 said:

Sounds like poor planning on Sonys part then. Because in 2 calendar years PS4 really only has 3 AAA games to show for itself.

First party AAA exclusives you mean. How about MS's poor planning, with just 1 in 2013 and 1 in 2014? Forza 5 and FH2.

2 in 2 years versus Sony's 10 in 2 years. What is MS doing?

Raziel123 said:
sales2099 said:

First party AAA exclusives you mean. How about MS's poor planning, with just 1 in 2013 and 1 in 2014? Forza 5 and FH2.

2 in 2 years versus Sony's 10 in 2 years. What is MS doing?

Thread doesn't apply to exclusives, but games. Read the thread. Nice try.

MS got exclusivity for Ryse from Crytek and DR3 from Capcom (and kept it off PS4), hired Double Helix to make Killer Instinct, bought out the PS versions of Titanfall, they bought/negotiated exclusivity for Sunset Overdrive, hired Playground games to make Forza Horizon 2.

Nitpicking the games on the list is another deflection tactic. Point being, MS knows they lack 1st party so they make due. What is Sonys excuse, aside from a lack of budget by comparison? They certainly have the studios to better schedule their own releases.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network

Yes it does. We're talking about first party AAA games.

God of War Ascension, Puppetter, The Last of Us, Beyond 2 souls, Gran Turismo 6, Knack, Shadow Fall, Infamous SS, LBP3 and Driveclub

Versus F5 and FH2

Sony wins, no matter how you spin it.

Killer Instict is not AAA btw. Otherwise i can include Resogun.

Raziel123 said:

God of War Ascension, Puppetter, The Last of Us, Beyond 2 souls, Gran Turismo 6, Knack, Shadow Fall, Infamous SS, LBP3 and Driveclub

Versus F5 and FH2

Use the quote button.

I said not to nitpick the list as the point was that MS finds a way, not the games themselves. What is with PS fans matching KI with Resogun??? Because they are both digital? That makes no sense if true. It's like comapring Geometry Wars to Tekken. Ones a bite sized game and the other has very high replayability.

Just seems like poor planning then, since Sony insisted on releasing many great PS3 games in the same year PS4 launched.

Raziel123 said:
Seriously, we're resorting to posting anti-Sony propaganda now?

Does it conflict with the status quo of posting anti MS and Nintendo propaganda?

Seriously if you can't take it then don't dish it out. Plus PS4 is winning, therefore it shouldn't bother you if any thread downplays PS4.

So PlayStation 4 is for the Players??? GreatnessAwaits??? I don't think so!!!

sales2099 said:
Raziel123 said:

Versus F5 and FH2

Use the quote button.

I said not to nitpick the list as the point was that MS finds a way, not the games themselves. What is with PS fans matching KI with Resogun??? Because they are both digital? That makes no sense if true. It's like comapring Geometry Wars to Tekken. Ones a bite sized game and the other has very high replayability.

Just seems like poor planning then, since Sony insisted on releasing many great PS3 games in the same year PS4 launched.

I'm not nitpicking the list. Even if you include third parties it's still shorter. MS was sleeping for a few years and it shows.

Clearly you have not played Resogun

Again, MS planned it poorly, as it's more than obvious right now.

As for propaganda, i mean the link. Look at it; and the video. There's talking about the interview, and then there's propaganda. That is propaganda.