By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Whats is the recommended number of sales for a system or a game in a week?

What im trying to say is selling 10,000 units of a game or system in a week good or bad? Whats ur point of view?

Around the Network

It depends, is it the game's 1st week or 101st week?

HappySqurriel said:

i think im wording wrong....the question is just for gaming systems...as stated in the weekly chart for japan....ps3 only sold 13,000 units in a week...is good or bad in your opinion?

Tetsuya said:
HappySqurriel said:

i think im wording wrong....the question is just for gaming systems...as stated in the weekly chart for japan....ps3 only sold 13,000 units in a week...is good or bad in your opinion?

That's horrible. No other way to spin it.

its bad if it the competition sells 100k units. but if the competition sells about the same that the ps3 is ok

Around the Network
narj said:
its bad if it the competition sells 100k units. but if the competition sells about the same that the ps3 is ok

yeah ur right....its clear to me now....if the wii is selling 100,000 units in a week and your only selling 10,000 units of the ps3...there is a problem....ur right man.....lol

For Japan that is terrible. The wii is selling 3X as much. The Xbox is selling 1/3 as much as the PS3, but is actually improving in Japan. Sony is not happy with their sales so far.

Don't forget game sales. In Japan, the Wii outsold the PS3 32-1.

The past two weeks, I believe the 360 outsold the PS3 software, as well. Sony's offering to it's Japanese audience is abysmal. And, I have yet to hear anything about Eternal Sonata cross-platforming. It was a huge story, yet no sides came out to say anything about it. And ESRB fixed the entry, too. I think the 360 will outsell the PS3 during the Trusty Bell Bundle release.

Well, at $60 a game, and if it gets 5 million quick buys, Microsoft's $300 million current loss will be leveled in a few days hehe.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )