By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Whats is the recommended number of sales for a system or a game in a week?

As long as it is selling period its good news, If they want to increase, they need to re-elvaluate advertising, advertising sells, look at the Wii commercial how funny that is

Around the Network
dpmnymkrprez said:
As long as it is selling period its good news, If they want to increase, they need to re-elvaluate advertising, advertising sells, look at the Wii commercial how funny that is

PS I have that damn ending music stuck in my head!!!!

BenKenobi88 said:
Well, at $60 a game, and if it gets 5 million quick buys, Microsoft's $300 million current loss will be leveled in a few days hehe.

Me thinks you wanted to post to the Halo 3 thread :)

It depends on the week but (typically) 10,000 or less is where consoles that are 'failing' spend most of their time, 10,000 to 30,000 is where 'losing' consoles reside and 30,000+ is where the dominant console's live; the DS Lite's 100,000+ sales are unprecidented.

HappySqurriel said:

It depends on the week but (typically) 10,000 or less is where consoles that are 'failing' spend most of their time, 10,000 to 30,000 is where 'losing' consoles reside and 30,000+ is where the dominant console's live; the DS Lite's 100,000+ sales are unprecidented.

thats all i needed right there....but what about video games break that down with me??

Around the Network

Games are different since the cost varies. 50k sales total could be good for one game and horrible for another. It also depends on the popularity and what the developer is expecting. For example if Brawl on Wii only sold 1M lifetime that would be horrible, but on the other hand, many companies would be really happy to reach that mark on a game.

dpmnymkrprez said:

The Uk Wii comercials just make me think; that looks rubbish and how slow is that game, or why would I be playing that instead of Motorstorm (Wii play and excite truck)

However, the PS3 advert make me think: what the hell does that have to do with videogaming (the only mention of the PS3 is at the end where the words PlayStation 3 are displayed across the scree)

But yeah, you're right, the PS3 needs proper advertising 

add me

i've played motorstorm, i've played excite truck.. of the two i prefer excite truck.. why? no idea, i just like how it plays better... as to what number..what was said before, if your competition is outselling your product by 3+ to 1, it doesn't matter how the sales are....you are failing miserably