By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Whats more powerful, PS4 vs Xbox One + cloud + 10% June SDK + DX12? - Your opinion?

Which console is more powerful?

PS4 Standalone 565 90.11%

Xbox One w/ Cloud + 10% June SDK + DX12 62 9.89%

Total:627

Your opinion?

So far, (w/o SDK and DX12) we know pretty much PS4 is the more powerful/faster machine?

Do you think the addition of the three extra factors will allow xbox one to overtake ps4 in the graphics department?

Titanfall Offsetted AI to the cloud, allowing for a greater resolution. This was before the 10% extra space was freed up, and obviously DX12 is not out yet.

But when DX12 is out, and likely takes advantage of the extra 10% plus better optimisation, can they actually push their teramafloppy thingy?

Edit: For what it's worth I only really want to know your opinion, I voted PS4

Around the Network

Oh not this again.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Last time I checked, the 10% June SDK is still behind the PS4 and DX12 doesn't improve the actual hardware. PS4 wins.

poklane said:
Last time I checked, the 10% June SDK is still behind the PS4 and DX12 doesn't improve the actual hardware. PS4 wins.

It will allow for better optimisation of the hardware, so could have a positive influence, possibly..

fireburn95 said:
poklane said:

It will allow for better optimisation of the hardware, so could have a positive influence, possibly..

PS4 will also get those kinda updates, so they'll cancel eachother out.

Around the Network

SDK upgrades will even out for both.

As for the rest? Meh

lol, if the cloud is all that M$ is making it out to be, then I'm gonna have to go with Xbox on this one.

poklane said:
fireburn95 said:
poklane said:

PS4 will also get those kinda updates, so they'll cancel eachother out.

But it hasn't, so nothing is canceling anything out yet.

Cloud will not remove the rendering limitation of the Xbox One.
Sdk and DirectX are just software update, it does not make the Xbox One more powerfull just more optimized.

fireburn95 said:

Titanfall Offsetted AI to the cloud, allowing for a greater resolution. This was before the 10% extra space was freed up, and obviously DX12 is not out yet.

AI is not even CPU intensive let alone GPU intensive.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank