By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who better....Sony or Microsoft buying capcom?

Lesser of two evils which I think would be Sony. Plus, Japanese companies should buy other Japanese companies. I just don't see anything good happening if Microsoft were to take them over, honestly

Around the Network

None of the above. Sega Corporation would be my preferred choice.

BraLoD said:
MS? Never.
Sony or Ninty.
Sony would be better, but Megaman needs to go to Ninty. So Sony buy Capcom and sell Megaman to Ninty and everyone is happy.

/thread

we can all go home now.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

I forgot my mind. Neither can. Japanese law prevents Microsoft from buying Capcom, and Sony can't afford Capcom. It's literally just Nintendo, or some random Japanese company. Capcom still costs way more than Intel, so don't expect Sega to swoop in.

Never MS because of what they did to Rare.

Doesn't make much sense for Sony to buy shares on Capcom either. I'd rather see a 3rd party publisher take over Capcom, so probably Sega.

Around the Network
Azerth said:

ms cuz sony cant afford to buy capcom lol

but i dont think either one will buy them.  if capcom starts selling the ips for games then i can see them buying some 

What? 

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
BraLoD said:
MS? Never.
Sony or Ninty.
Sony would be better, but Megaman needs to go to Ninty. So Sony buy Capcom and sell Megaman to Ninty and everyone is happy.

/thread

we can all go home now.

Actually, this is a pretty easy solution.  Megaman seems like a Nintendo IP anyway, and always has.

Nintendo. They would bring back Mega Man. They don't kill RPGs like Sony does. MS killed Rare. Nintendo could hand RE to Rare.

Rare thread?! i knew it!

Sony because:

1: Rare;
2: i'm PS gamer;
3: Rare;
4: Sony gives more freedom to their devs;
5: Rare;
6: MS first party support is a joke;
7: Rare;
8: Banjo kazooei nuts and bolts;
9: Project sparks conkers;

Sony