By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who better....Sony or Microsoft buying capcom?

None of them

Around the Network

Nintendo of course.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Lyrikalstylez said:

Who would you rather...

Nintendo

Neither...we would never see GK3 or AA6 ;-; So Nintendo

"I think it will be the HDS"-Me in regards to Nintendo's next handheld.

Ubisoft maybe

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Around the Network

Non of the above. Nintendo has had the most success from Capcom (Monster Hunter) and has the highest capability of making a good Megaman game.

TurboElder said:
Sony, look what MS did with Rare.

This.

Sony.

Well, neither is likely to buy capcom, especially sony who has no money at all to be making aquisitions on that kind of scale. Of the two though, it would probably make more strategic sense for Microsoft to buy them as they have almost no japanese presence in their first party. Might help them break into that market...

Now since capcom isnt actually for sale (all they did was not renew their poison pill clause) this is all a moot point. If capcom did want to be sold, the most likely scenario would be them merging with another third party japanese company, somebody like konami would probably be the best fit.

Neither since exclusivity is bad for other consumers (If I had to choose it'd probably be Sony :P)
I'm certain it'd be some super rich chinese company that buys them out >.>

Squeezol's Fanclub Member? is that how it works?

Why can't I hold all these no gaemz?

Always looking to improve my awful drawings ;_;