By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - no HW boost in usa with watch dogs release? what happened?

Tagged games:

prinz_valium said:
Dark_Feanor said:

In fact, we don´t even know if 199k for April or 197k for May are official. The last number regarding next-gen hardware was the 115k Xone for April.

Neogaf is pulling those numbers out of their asses.

leaked data form an insider with acces to npd numbers is "ot of theire asses"?

okay...

Both smell the same for me.

Around the Network
Dark_Feanor said:

So you are basically saying that for all we know the PS4 sold much less than what the smelling neogaf numbers are? Or maybe even more? Cause disputes like that is a two way street you know....

I don't know, but I am sure you are thinking more of the former. Call it a hunch.

Intrinsic said:
Dark_Feanor said:

So you are basically saying that for all we know the PS4 sold much less than what the smelling neogaf numbers are? Or maybe even more? Cause disputes like that is a two way street you know....

I don't know, but I am sure you are thinking more of the former. Call it a hunch.

As I´ve said before: there are things we know we don´t know.

We know PS4 lead may sales again and that is all. Even the WiiU 60k figure is based on another last year leak.

I would love a prof that one of those insiders are accurate. It´s easy, show one of those leaks with any console HW sales BEFORE Microsoft or Sony disclaim their sales.

I can tell you that most of Neogaf insiders on the NPD thread are just doing math on previous years numbers, some of those also not full disclosure.

The obivious thing that is easy to figure it out with the 95% HW sales increase is that PS4 and XOne are selling about the same as the 360 and PS3 were selling last year, probably less.

Dark_Feanor said:
Intrinsic said:
Dark_Feanor said:

As I´ve said before: there are things we know we don´t know.

We know PS4 lead may sales again and that is all. Even the WiiU 60k figure is based on another last year leak.

I would love a prof that one of those insiders are accurate. It´s easy, show one of those leaks with any console HW sales BEFORE Microsoft or Sony disclaim their sales.

I can tell you that most of Neogaf insiders on the NPD thread are just doing math on previous years numbers, some of those also not full disclosure.

The obivious thing that is easy to figure it out with the 95% HW sales increase is that PS4 and XOne are selling about the same as the 360 and PS3 were selling last year, probably less.

Think you are just trying to make something outta nothing. I am not arguing with you, just pointing out that this net of doubt you seem inclined to cast can work in either direction of sales numbers.

And you seem to be looking at that 95% hardware increase in a very strange way. Unless i am mistaken, it means that there is a 95% increase on hardware sales of available platforms on the market this year when compared to last year right? So how is it "obvious" from that stat that the PS4/XB1 are selling "about the same" as the PS3/360 and you even went as far as to add, "probably less".

I don't know what your agenda is, or why; nor do I know what point you are trying to make, but I think its clearly obvious that there is bias in your seemingly insightful data analysis.... cause you seem hell bent on making every number lend credance to your specific opinion. Damning veery other fact to stipulate the opposite to hell.

Its one thing to argue numbers or the validility of them as the case may be, its another to do so with malintent simply cause you may not like a brand. One is admirable the other is pathetic. I am not saying you are doing one or the other, just saying it seems that way.

Intrinsic said:

Think you are just trying to make something outta nothing. I am not arguing with you, just pointing out that this net of doubt you seem inclined to cast can work in either direction of sales numbers.

And you seem to be looking at that 95% hardware increase in a very strange way. Unless i am mistaken, it means that there is a 95% increase on hardware sales of available platforms on the market this year when compared to last year right? So how is it "obvious" from that stat that the PS4/XB1 are selling "about the same" as the PS3/360 and you even went as far as to add, "probably less".

95% is in revenue, not HW units.

Xone and PS4 are basicaly 100% or more expencive than 360 and PS3.

PS4 + XOne + 360 + PS3 + WiiU + Wii =  1.95*(PS3 + 360 + Wii + WiiU)

Around the Network
Dark_Feanor said:
Intrinsic said:

Sigh..... Look at what i said that you quoted and bolded. I did not say "hardware units" I said "hardware sales". So i know that we are talking about money here not hardware. 

And no, PS4 and XB1 isn't exactly 100% more expensive, but those are just semantics, cause even if they were, nothing about "95% sales boost" specifically tells you to what exact ratio any platform on the market is selling now. Especially if you want to dismiss any unconfirmed number. Point is, if you are hell bent on skirting the line of credibility, you shouldn't also make assesments that could also pretty much be you just pulling numbers outta your arse. At least with the NeoGaf numbers they are making the estimations based on data that is at least substitutionally correct. You are basing everything you are saying off nothing more than your opinion and what direction you want those numbers to lean towards.

Pls, what about 95% in YOY increase in hardware revenue specifically tells you that the new consoles are selling exactly as much as the old ones were at this time last year. Can you even start to understand how many variables there are in play right now that makes what you are saying completely wrong?

eg. PS3 is still the same price today as it was in may 2013. In may 2013 it sold over 100k. May 2014 its sold around 30k. And all you honestly get from an increase in sales revenue is that the new consoles simply cost more??????? Ok.

Intrinsic said:
Dark_Feanor said:
Intrinsic said:

Sigh..... Look at what i said that you quoted and bolded. I did not say "hardware units" I said "hardware sales". So i know that we are talking about money here not hardware. 

And no, PS4 and XB1 isn't exactly 100% more expensive, but those are just semantics, cause even if they were, nothing about "95% sales boost" specifically tells you to what exact ratio any platform on the market is selling now. Especially if you want to dismiss any unconfirmed number. Point is, if you are hell bent on skirting the line of credibility, you shouldn't also make assesments that could also pretty much be you just pulling numbers outta your arse. At least with the NeoGaf numbers they are making the estimations based on data that is at least substitutionally correct. You are basing everything you are saying off nothing more than your opinion and what direction you want those numbers to lean towards.

Pls, what about 95% in YOY increase in hardware revenue specifically tells you that the new consoles are selling exactly as much as the old ones were at this time last year. Can you even start to understand how many variables there are in play right now that makes what you are saying completely wrong?

eg. PS3 is still the same price today as it was in may 2013. In may 2013 it sold over 100k. May 2014 its sold around 30k. And all you honestly get from an increase in sales revenue is that the new consoles simply cost more??????? Ok.

The difference, my friend, is that I do not try to hide that I´m just "guesstimating". I don´t want to have any credibility other than I´m a randon guy on a internet forum who likes videogame and has a job that alowed to a lot of free time in front a computer.

My algebra behind this is simple but is based on to many supositions (avarage price for the 360 and PS3, how much was the drop YoY on last gen consoles)

Bold: Again, where did it is confirmed it sold 30k for the PS3? VGChartz?