By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will The Zelda Cycle Continue?

Will the Zelda Cycle continue?

Yes 55 61.80%

No 21 23.60%

No, but the Zelda Recycle... 12 13.48%

Total:88
Blob said:
Nope skyward sword was actually an average Zelda game when it came out and I know a few people who just couldnt get into it. I actually agreed with the gamespot score if im being truthful. The revisionist history on Twilight and Wind waker confuse me though, both great games even if Twilight was just ocarina 2 (which is what the people wnated)

You are a good example what the Zelda Cycle is. Although, you probably won't like it in a few years.

What the Zelda Cycle is IMO is that when people who didn't think it was great see the scores, they tell people their opinion on the game. When all the people that love the game get tired of all the people who didn't love it, many of them start voicing their opinion.

So, basically, the people who did and didn't like it are different every time.

Around the Network
Nintentacle said:

Do you think the Zelda Cycle will continue with Zelda U? 

If you don't know what the Zelda cycle is, this is it in a nutshell:

Game Announced = Amazing (or hated like WW)

Game Released = Masterpiece 

Few Months Later = Horrible 

Next game = same cycle as above, but everything last game that was hated or bitched about is now missed and loved and everyone talks about how great last game was.

So... will it continue?

more accurate

The cycle will most definitely continue

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

I've never seen that Zelda cycle in particular at work except for Twilight Princess.

Nintentacle said:
Blob said:
Nope skyward sword was actually an average Zelda game when it came out and I know a few people who just couldnt get into it. I actually agreed with the gamespot score if im being truthful. The revisionist history on Twilight and Wind waker confuse me though, both great games even if Twilight was just ocarina 2 (which is what the people wnated)

You are a good example what the Zelda Cycle is. Although, you probably won't like it in a few years.

What the Zelda Cycle is IMO is that when people who didn't think it was great see the scores, they tell people their opinion on the game. When all the people that love the game get tired of all the people who didn't love it, many of them start voicing their opinion.

Wait what? I won't like what in a few years?

Loved wind waker, Ocarina, Twilight, Majoras Mask etc and found Skyward to be very lacking when compared to them despite thinking it was still a good game. Never changed my stance on thiose and likely never will.

Around the Network

I don't think so :) things will change with this new Zelda ^^ I can feel it..

Blob said:
Nintentacle said:
Blob said:

Loved wind waker, Ocarina, Twilight, Majoras Mask etc and found Skyward to be very lacking when compared to them despite thinking it was still a good game. Never changed my stance on thiose and likely never will.

Exactly. I was saying you probably won't like Skyward Sword in a couple of years.

Malt4zar said:

I don't think so :) things will change with this new Zelda ^^ I can feel it..

I saw that you posted in the wrong that, you can't fool me!

I really hope you're right!

Nintentacle said:
Blob said:
Nintentacle said:
Blob said:

Exactly. I was saying you probably won't like Skyward Sword in a couple of years.

I dont really like it now when compared to the older ones. Pretty sure the response to skyward has been mixed since release while Wind Waker was disliked and Twilight was loved. The way I see the Zelda cycle is that the ones that wern't loved become loved and the ones that were become less loved. I think skyward will always have mixed responses when remembered.

Blob said:
Nintentacle said:
Blob said:
Nintentacle said:
Blob said:

I dont really like it now when compared to the older ones. Pretty sure the response to skyward has been mixed since release while Wind Waker was disliked and Twilight was loved. The way I see the Zelda cycle is that the ones that wern't loved become loved and the ones that were become less loved. I think skyward will always have mixed responses when remembered.

Probably. There's just too many people who hate Motion Controls!