By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will The Zelda Cycle Continue?

Will the Zelda Cycle continue?

Yes 55 61.80%

No 21 23.60%

No, but the Zelda Recycle... 12 13.48%

Total:88
vivster said:
Nintentacle said:
vivster said:
Isn't that the cycle of every anticipated game?

GTA V and The Last of Us come to mind as (Sort or) recent exceptions

We've probably been to different internets. Both of these games have their fair share of nay-sayers.

But It's greatly overshadowed by people saying they are one of the best games ever (Especially for TLoU), from what I've seen.

Around the Network
mZuzek said:
I remember back when Skyward Sword had just been released, just about everywhere I went on the internet it was 45% people saying it was the best Zelda ever and 45% saying it was the worst.

What's the last 10%? I don't get why you did both 45%!

I don't believe in the Zelda cycle.

KylieDog said:
Nintentacle said:
KylieDog said:
Nintentacle said:

Do you think the Zelda Cycle will continue with Zelda U? 

If you don't know what the Zelda cycle is, this is it in a nutshell:

Game Announced = Amazing

Game Released = Masterpiece

Few Months Later = Horrible

So... will it continue?

No because we're currently at Game Announced = Horrible.  Also the last 3D Zelda was Game Released = Horrible.

I'm talking about the main reaction for Zelda U. Most people love it.

As for Skyward Sword, there's a bunch of people that don't like it, so It's fitting in the Zelda Cycle just fine.

Plenty of people has expressed their disappointment with the cel shading and cartoony look.

Well, obviously not everyone is going to like it. It's still overshadowed by the people that liked it.

...and you just admit people didn't like SS, so is no circle.

And people didn't like Majora's Mask, Wind Waker, or Twilight Princess either... And, like Skyward Sword, there was a lot of hate while it was the newest Zelda

Zelda U also breaks the real game > tech demo history of the series, since tech demo > real game.

Most people preferred the GameCube Tech Demo over Wind Waker's art style. Zelda U actually breaks that, since most people like the new style over the tech demo.

To a certain extent, it's only continuing because people keep bringing it up. The only time I've been guilty of changing my attitude towards a Zelda game was with Windwaker. I was one of the majority who hated the art style for years. Then I played it properly and completely changed my mind.

Around the Network
mZuzek said:
Nintentacle said:
mZuzek said:
I remember back when Skyward Sword had just been released, just about everywhere I went on the internet it was 45% people saying it was the best Zelda ever and 45% saying it was the worst.

What's the last 10%? I don't get why you did both 45%!

I've no idea what the last 10% is, but there's always going to be a minority who thought the game was just "good".

I thought it was just good...

Have a nice day...

I've never changed my attitudes toward the Zelda games. Zelda 2 I still hate because of the level up system, I liked Wind Waker from the start. Just the shards were lame. Never saw anything bad from TP. Except flipping it in the Wii version. Majora's Mask time limit system was fine to me. Better than Pikmin 1's junk limit. Pikmin games always confuse me. So I take my time. And having that limit made me not complete Pikmin 1. I hate Skyward Sword. And that won't change in till Fii's spam and useless info is dealt with. Plus, that crappy sword blob monster.