By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will The Zelda Cycle Continue?

Will the Zelda Cycle continue?

Yes 55 61.80%

No 21 23.60%

No, but the Zelda Recycle... 12 13.48%

Total:88

Do you think the Zelda Cycle will continue with Zelda U? 

If you don't know what the Zelda cycle is, this is it in a nutshell:

Game Announced = Amazing

Game Released = Masterpiece

Few Months Later = Horrible

So... will it continue?

Around the Network

Of course it will, it always happens. I am just waiting for all the "Remember how awesome Skyward Sword was?" threads to appear.

Zelda cycle, Zelda cycle never changes.

I have lived through all the HATE then LOVE for Wind Waker, Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword and by golly that wont be the last.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

Leadified said:
Of course it will, it always happens. I am just waiting for all the "Remember how awesome Skyward Sword was?" threads to appear.

We've probably got awhile until that appears. Probably in 4-6 years when the 9th gen Zelda comes out!

Yeah, I remember the crazy hate for TP. It was too easy and too much like OOT, but now its many peoples favorite Zelda game...

Around the Network

Any long running series where the games themselves are different will run into this. It's the same with Final Fantasy. Not closely following a formula means you end up with a fractured fanbase, where one group will love Game A and hate Game B, while another group will love Game B but hate Game C, and so on.

Personally, in terms of business decisions, I think reoccurring IP should stick to formulas and new ideas should go to new IP.

Nintentacle said:
Leadified said:

We've probably got awhile until that appears. Probably in 4-6 years when the 9th gen Zelda comes out!

I think it's going to be earlier, probably a little after Zelda U's release. That's what happened with Twilight Princess, it was hated and Wind Waker was the most beautiful greatest game ever but when SS came out it was hated for being all cell shaded and shit again we want edgy Zelda back.

Nope skyward sword was actually an average Zelda game when it came out and I know a few people who just couldnt get into it. I actually agreed with the gamespot score if im being truthful. The revisionist history on Twilight and Wind waker confuse me though, both great games even if Twilight was just ocarina 2 (which is what the people wnated)

Leadified said:

I always loved ss!!!

Leadified said:
Nintentacle said:
Leadified said:

I think it's going to be earlier, probably a little after Zelda U's release. That's what happened with Twilight Princess, it was hated and Wind Waker was the most beautiful greatest game ever but when SS came out it was hated for being all cell shaded and shit again we want edgy Zelda back.

Hopefully. The sooner people start liking it the better!