By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - CoD4 360 vs PS3

Interesting, I thought that the 360 version had better close up textures

Around the Network

I'll file this under 'Flame War #1359094345.'    

Good to see this site is still going 

Were you using an HDMI capable for the playstation 3? It could be the Super white was off.

2008 end of year predictions:

PS3: 22M

360: 25M

wii: 40M

So basically the 360 version was brighter. I believe you have the ability to turn down the brightness.

Proud owner of a Wii, a Xbox360 and a PS3 (...two PS3's...)

My main brawl characters

Now playing:

wii:Super smash bros. brawl, The Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess
ps3: Guitar hero 3,4,5. Rock Band 1,2. Resistance 2
Xbox360:Nhl2k9, Mass Effect, MW2, Halo 3.

Around the Network

i turn my brightness up when i play online, no one can hide that way.

Hmmm... if only TVs had some sort of an option to change the brightness/contrast on the screen.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

I heard that this time, Call of Duty was first made on the PS3 and then copied and transfered w. slighty just slighty worse graphics to the 360 and was not made for the wii

thnx for the comparo

^ Actually it was made for pc and then ported to both.

I played the 360 version in Game recently, and was surprised to find there is a noticable difference between the two versions.

I own the PS3 version and had only just recently completed it, so it's visuals were still fresh in my memory.

The 360 version appears to have some slightly strange texturing on walls, and other surroundings. It doesn't necessarily look bad, but it doesn't look as realistic as the PS3 version. I also noticed that it is definetly brighter, not hugely so, but as you already stated usually dark areas are lit up.

I would have to see the two versions running side by side to make a better analysis, but to my eyes the PS3 version is the superior version graphically.