By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The one remaster we NEED on next gen

There should be a law that states 'games have to be older than 5 years to qualify for a remaster' (my opinion obliviously).
Why spend effort and time remastering a game when it could be put to better use.

It is like all those Star Wars remastered editions. I only ever had the VHS tapes, then I bought the DVD box set. One day I will get the Blu Rays, but no rush what so ever.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

Around the Network
Maraccuda said:
There should be a law that states 'games have to be older than 5 years to qualify for a remaster' (my opinion obliviously).
Why spend effort and time remastering a game when it could be put to better use.

It is like all those Star Wars remastered editions. I only ever had the VHS tapes, then I bought the DVD box set. One day I will get the Blu Rays, but no rush what so ever.

not a full remaster.  Just a re-relase that's more like the PC version and irons out the bad stuff from the gen 7 version and lets me play with a better controller and OS and resolution.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

We need to see a HD remaster of the original Dead or Alive Xtreme!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

I would love a remastered version of Skyrim on the PS4 (assuming we are going to have to wait years for Elder Scrolls 6) as I sank 150+ hrs into the PS3 version and loved it!

Sure the technical issues were rampant, some of which game breaking, but I still finished it and got the platinum trophy

we need Majoras Mask 3D

http://moongypsy.bandcamp.com/ ~Thank you Stefl1504 for the amazing sig~
Around the Network

Agree, i have platinum on ps3 and 1000g on the Xbox and i would totally buy it again for the ps4.

But in the other hand i want them to be fully working on Fallout 4 and TES VI: Tamriel ;p

Squall_Leonhart said:
I would love a remastered version of Skyrim on the PS4 (assuming we are going to have to wait years for Elder Scrolls 6) as I sank 150+ hrs into the PS3 version and loved it!

Sure the technical issues were rampant, some of which game breaking, but I still finished it and got the platinum trophy

as did I!  One of my proudest platinums

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

platformmaster918 said:
Squall_Leonhart said:

as did I!  One of my proudest platinums

Considering playing the game again... A PS4 version would make that a definate!!

Ka-pi96 said:
Why? Wouldn't you rather have Elder Scrolls 6?

I hate when people say ignorant crap like this. A young, inexperienced second team makes a remake in a matter of months. Your best, main team makes a sequel in a matter of years. One thing has absolutely no influence on the other, is it really so hard to understand?

I for one hope for quite a lot of remakes, pretty much all awesome games which were limited by the hardware. Mass Effect, Skyrim, etc. Also majority of Nintendo games would be glorious in HD. Metroid Prime Trilogy HD would make me go crazy and probably make me buy that bloody Wii U ;)

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.