By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Splatoon Thread: New Mode Tomorrow!!!!

Favorite Boss(will just say world # to prevent spoilers)

Boss 1 1 4.55%

Boss 2 0 0%

Boss 3 0 0%

Boss 4 0 0%

Final Boss 20 90.91%

Total:21
ktay95 said:
Brii said:
I was neutral towards the game at first, but I've really warmed up to it to the point that I can't wait to see more! I looks like a lot of crazy fun. My only hope is that it supports local multiplayer. Looks great and fresh, though!

Yeah I hated it at first but the more I saw of it at Nintendo Treehouse the more I liked it.

A lot of the games shown I didn't feel that impressed by until I saw more on the Treehouse and remembered that Nintendo likes to make a poor first impression, then wow us when the game actually comes out (ala 3D World). Mario Maker was something I was sure would be eShop only and dismissed... until more details came out and "Mario Paint" was mentioned. I was instantly sold.

Around the Network
Brii said:
I was neutral towards the game at first, but I've really warmed up to it to the point that I can't wait to see more! I looks like a lot of crazy fun. My only hope is that it supports local multiplayer. Looks great and fresh, though!

In an IGN interview the directors said they were looking to put a single player mode and local multiplayer.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Metallox said:
I'm buying this, favorite game from E3 if you ask me.

Yep, of all the games at E3, Splatoon is notable because:

1. It was an honest to god new announcement.

2. It showed actual gameplay.

3. It even had a playable demo!

4. The gameplay was fun and fresh.

If there were any other games at E3 this year that satisfied these criteria, I'd love to know about them.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

It really surprises me, quite pleasantly, that a game like Splatoon is the game of the show. I'm of the same opinion. Last game from the last conference, a humble game with big ideas, and I'm in love.

Nice thread!

Not overly sure about the game but will certainly keep an eye on it

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network
Brii said:

If I remember correctly, they mentioned a local 2-player mode where one persons on the TV and ones on the gamepad.

8th gen predictions. (made early 2014)
PS4: 60-65m
WiiU: 30-35m
X1: 30-35m
3DS: 80-85m
PSV: 15-20m

novasonic said:
Brii said:

If I remember correctly, they mentioned a local 2-player mode where one persons on the TV and ones on the gamepad.

Did they? I had heard they were thinking of a SP campaign and different modes, but not local multiplayer like that. The main issue I see, though, is how they would handle the map and jumping to join teammates

Game looks great will defiantly buy it when it drops!

^I also heard that there is a local multiplayer. One player uses the TV while the other person uses the gamepad.

Survivor Millennial vs Gen X!!

ok so reggie just confirmed that there are more than one modes so good!

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

added a poll if anyone is interested

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3