By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - graphics that made you say "wow"

Years & Years ago some random games on the Amiga.

Ridge Racer (ps1)

Super Mario 64 (N64)

FFX (PS2)

Gears of War (360)

Around the Network

Super Mario World - I had the Amiga before my Snes and this was way better
Starfox - OMG its free dee 3D i tell you
Donkey Kong Country - Wow are you sure this game aint next gen

Shockingly i cant think of any since then even with the move to 3D gaming, maybe cos the first batch of games looked mediocre and quality was gradual.

Gran Turismo 1, 2 and 3
Half Life
Half-Life 2
Far Cry
Ocarina of Time
Turok: Dinosaur Hunter
Goldeneye N64
Onimusha 2
Thief: The Dark Project
Deus Ex
Battlefield 2
Call of Duty

There are probably more, but its hard to remember all the games from the top of my head.

Final Fantasy X
God of War II (even though I got it after getting a PS3)
then MS, I went to a games exibit to play the PS3 before launch, and they had the X-series sony bravia, and I played the whole 5 min play through with my mouth wide open
then HS
then Ratchet
then Uncharted

RE4 back in '05. Man, that game was gawgeous!!

3DS FC: 1306 6473 7511

Nintendod Network ID: xsorenx

Add me for Pokemon, New Leaf, and Fire Emblem, Mario Kart 8.

Around the Network

To all those HL2 voices: the graphics (and physics) was just a little better than average PC shooter that time. Be honest.

I've only been really gaming since 2005, so I guess GeoW was the only "Wow" game for me. Lair's graphics and all of Uncharted impressed me a lot as well. Oh yeah, and Warhawk's draw distances :O

Not trying to be a fanboy. Of course, it's hard when you own the best console eve... dang it

Hmmm, I geuss I would say Shadow Hearts 2: The covenant.

I know it doesnt say much but damn some of the historical locations were breath-taking especially since they had their own stylistic touch.

I loved France, Britain, Russia & japan. Those places were fucking awesome.

Nintendo & Sony supporter:

Consoles: Wii & PS3.

Retrasado said:
I've only been really gaming since 2005, so I guess GeoW was the only "Wow" game for me. Lair's graphics and all of Uncharted impressed me a lot as well. Oh yeah, and Warhawk's draw distances :O

oh yeah, I remember standing on the edge of one of the islands on the arpelego level and just admiring the beauty of it all

MDMAniac said:
To all those HL2 voices: the graphics (and physics) was just a little better than average PC shooter that time. Be honest.

I agree to the graphics part, but not the physics. The game was strong graphically but my opinion was dulled because by the time the game was finally released, it looked about as good as frycry.

I also feel the same way about LoZ:TP.... though since there is such a strong nintendo presence here, I guess I'm not surprised to see it made a number of lists.