By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Halo: Masterchief Collection Will outsell Everything Sony This Holiday

probably, but will it help sell more X1s than ps4s for the month.

Smartest nam evila

Current Platforms: HighendPC[rip]/PS4/PS3[rip]/Vita[rip]

Around the Network

Idk, 6 million this year is a lot. Didn't halo 4 only do like 6.8 or something the year it came out. I expect it to sell 5-7 million lifetime.

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

sure why not, since XB = Halo...

so it better sell like what you predict or else it will be a flop ok...

toastboy44562 said:

I expect Halo: The Masterchief Collection to outsell all of Sony exclusives combined this holiday!

The upcoming Halo collection should be able to sell at least 5-6 million this holiday.

Drive Club will probably sell 600k this holiday.

LBP3 will probably sell 2.5 million this holiday on PS4. What else does Sony have? I guess some people will count Infamous Second Son leftover sales and Killzone Shadowfall so we can add another 200k to that list. That puts Sony at 3.3 million and Microsoft at 5 million. Not to mention Microsoft has games like Sunset overdrive, Forza horizons, Dance Central etc. But not counting those even, Halo should dominate the first party charts!

You never stop making me laugh Toastboy.

You forgot TLG which will definitely be announced this year and come out these holidays.

See, I can be silly too.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
toastboy44562 said:

I expect Halo: The Masterchief Collection to outsell all of Sony exclusives combined this holiday!

The upcoming Halo collection should be able to sell at least 5-6 million this holiday.

Drive Club will probably sell 600k this holiday.

LBP3 will probably sell 2.5 million this holiday on PS4. What else does Sony have? I guess some people will count Infamous Second Son leftover sales and Killzone Shadowfall so we can add another 200k to that list. That puts Sony at 3.3 million and Microsoft at 5 million. Not to mention Microsoft has games like Sunset overdrive, Forza horizons, Dance Central etc. But not counting those even, Halo should dominate the first party charts!

you expect close to 100% of Xbox one owners to buy Halo?

Yeah thats not gonna happen. 

Doubt it, don't forget holiday bundles that Sony could do, if they for example bundle Infamous with the PS4 this holiday season then that could easily boost its sales by a million or more.

And your estimated sales for Halo, LBP and Driveclub seem pretty random too.

That's more than the Xbox One's current install base and a little optimistic from my point of view.

This is the Game of Thrones

Where you either win

or you DIE

Drive club sales will more than likely also be skewed towards digital as well, what with everyone getting a free edition of it which they can upgrade from.

I will be buying an xbox one very soon just for this game.