By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Should the original Xenoblade be added to X

Tagged games:

Well I haven't played it, and if it's true that the stories aren't connected a lot, I don't see it happening. But it should get re-released somehow, I want to play it but it's hard to find.

Yep.

Around the Network

Xenoblade Chronicles X is as much of a sequel to the original Xenoblade as Final Fantasy 13 is a sequel to Final Fantasy 12 or atleast as much as Twilight Princess is a sequel to Majora's Mask.

Also, the original Xenoblade takes atleast 60hours to finish, but you can easily go over hundred if you want to do everything in the game. I'm sure X will have just as much content if no more. So adding a 60 to 100hour game to X would be putting over 200hours of content in total. Who the hell have that much time in there hands?! I'm sure that over 85% of the ppl who played Xenoblade never finished it, if you combine the two games, odds are that 90% of the ppl will never finish either games imo.

Xenoblade needs to be treated apart, have it's own HD remaster, and launch as a stand alone game to help Nintendo whenever their will be a drought of games imo.

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)

Metrium said:
Xenoblade Chronicles X is as much of a sequel to the original Xenoblade as Final Fantasy 13 is a sequel to Final Fantasy 12 or atleast as much as Twilight Princess is a sequel to Majora's Mask.

Technically it is a sequel 😁 

It even features the protagonist of MM 

Twilight princess came with two N64 Zelda's as well. If they want to promote the game it's a good way of doing it.

It doesn't matter that the plots are interdependent.
They'll likely outsource almost all the work to another team so it won't impact X's development.
The most important issue is whether the cost of doing it will get sufficient return in sales to justify porting it to HD.
It would certainly be a great promotion that'll tip the balance for many peoples purchasing decision but with the lack of Wii U's sold it sales might not be enough to justify adding an expensive HD port. I don't think Nintendo would be happy just giving out the old Wii version. They'd want it gamepad enhanced and everything.

Still, it would be nice and I'm sure that at the very least they've give the possibility strong consideration.

I would love a HD version of Xenoblade, but I don't think that'll happen - but one never knows with Nintendo...

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network

I think they should do a separate re-release of Xenoblade, probably in time for Christmas.

The game already runs on the Wii U, so all they really need to do is up res it and put in gamepad support. Personally I think they should be looking to take the Wii era classics, up-res and put them up on the eShop, not dissimilar to what Microsoft did with Xbox titles on the 360.

They should sell it seperatly.

I´d be down for a 30€ remaster.

ToxicJosh said:
I think they should do a separate re-release of Xenoblade, probably in time for Christmas.

The game already runs on the Wii U, so all they really need to do is up res it and put in gamepad support. Personally I think they should be looking to take the Wii era classics, up-res and put them up on the eShop, not dissimilar to what Microsoft did with Xbox titles on the 360.

I just don't get this. I also don't get all the other prev gen HD 'upgrades'. Why do an HD upgrade of a game from the PREVIOUS gen. It's just a huge lame money grab, even more if the game is already _compatable_ with current gen. It's just freakin weird. 

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

@dharh

Firstly; no one is forcing anybody to buy anything they don't want, if people want to spend money on something then a smart company will make it possible for them to spend their money on it.

Secondly; some Wii games are downright hard/expensive to get hold of, Nintendo can and should, make them available digitally. It's easy money for them and makes playing games a lot of people missed easier and cheaper for the fans

Thirdly; people are graphics whores, past gen games can look ugly to the eyes of a modern audience

and finally, for Nintendo; the audience on the Wii U seems to me to be different to the audience on the Wii. Whereas the Wii was for soccer moms and retirees, the Wii U is aimed at the Nintendo fan; many of whom abandoned the Wii mid-gen. Making the games they missed easily available makes a lot of business sense. If you don't like it, don't buy it (and this isn't even happening yet anyway), we're talking about making a rare game available for a reasonable price, not horse armour, day one DLC, or locking vast swathes of a game behind a paywall.

Just put it on eshop! Just a direct port. Problem solved.

..... except for space... how big was the file size of Xenoblade?

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda