By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Is it Possible For PS4 To Win June NPD?... I Believe So!

I expect it to be a lot closer than recent months, but I always thought this faux price cut would not have a huge effect. If you pay less and get less then it's no price cut, and early generation gamers are not so stupid as to be fooled into thinking they've got themselves a $100 price cut bargain. Especially when not long ago a Xbone WITH Kinect could be had for $399.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network

I think so!

VanceIX said:

Looking at the sales trends, even after E3, Sony winning this month is much more probable than Microsoft. Microsoft not advertising their price drop at E3 was a bad idea.

That was strategic PR, is kinda why there isn't also a big marketing push that somehow goes with these kinda price drops. Its a stealth major price drop it seems. I think they don't want people somehow going, "what? didn't ust come out last year and they are already dropping the price?"

So, they are handling less like a price drop and just more like the introduction of a new cheaper SKU. 

I would assume no, but like who knows? I feel like even if the One is the same price people will see in the Long run PS4 having better and more games, like once the Japanese games start coming out it'll have the niche audience, and seeing as how third party runs better it'll probably take the main audience as well.

PSn - greencactaur
Nintendo Switch FC - SW - 5152 - 6393 - 5140 Please feel free to add me :)

X1 sales might end up like Wii U sales. Not as low but a stable baseline that will stay where it is no matter what kind of games are released.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

i think it'll MS will win June NPD Sony WW still. then sony will win again till halo

its pretty obvious the ps4 is gonna win june.

speaking of npd, does may come tomorrow or next thursday?

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz

It should win. MS allowed people to sit and wait for the price drop for 33% of the month and then didn't say a word about the price drop during their conference.

Just puzzling marketing all around.

Intrinsic said:
VanceIX said:

Looking at the sales trends, even after E3, Sony winning this month is much more probable than Microsoft. Microsoft not advertising their price drop at E3 was a bad idea.

That was strategic PR, is kinda why there isn't also a big marketing push that somehow goes with these kinda price drops. Its a stealth major price drop it seems. I think they don't want people somehow going, "what? didn't ust come out last year and they are already dropping the price?"

So, they are handling less like a price drop and just more like the introduction of a new cheaper SKU. 

That's a pretty bad excuse for not announcing it. Such a major price drop at E3 would give great publicity. Can you imgaine the applause they would have gotten for such an announcement? 

If they really cared so much about image, they wouldn't have removed the Kinect in the first place.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

Well that's obvious. It would have been a bold prediction if you said X1 would win June NPD.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54