By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Is it Possible For PS4 To Win June NPD?... I Believe So!

Ive been reading alot of gaming stuff lately online things like MS won E3 2014,  Halo CE will save the XB1, Sunset Overdrive will be bigger than sliced bread, and i want ethomaz back.  Ethomaz was a PS warrior with bad grammar who let the console warz get to him and continually got banned b/c of it, he had a few good predictions here and there but he's done now and wont be back...ever.  What i havent been reading about is the future of console sales in particularly between the PS4 and XB1 in US.

We know MS won US last gen and completely destroyed all console competition even at one point PS3 was cheaper than the 360 and lost NPDs to MS at the same and as mentioned lower price point.  Alot of stuff can be attributed to why MS won US last gen but all that doesnt matter b/c since this gen started Sony won all the NPDs to this date, ok fine they lost one in december of last year or something but they just got lucky.  Recent NPDs showed dwindling XB1 sales even with the supposed over hyped Titanfall releasing, sales fell so low that MS was forced to cut the XB1 by $100 which might be the fastest price cut to date at the sacrifice of kenict. 

I believe that even with this price cut it will not be enought to win June NPD b/c we all know May is a lost cuase for the XB1, i believe that recent E3 results further prove this.  MS didnt have any megatons at E3 they didnt announce anything that would make future undecided next gen console owners sway in favor of buying a XB1.  On the other had Sony's showings of Destiny bundle with early beta, Infamous DLC, LBP3 releasing this year can play all of BP1 and 2 levels on 3, Dead Island 2 content available on PS4 first, Uncharted 4 TLOU, the order 1886, no mans sky, Bloodbourne, Grim Fandango, Suda 51, and a bunch of indie titles Only on PS, lead me to believe that PS4 can and will take June NPD

Another thing that leads me to believe this is that i feel that those that really wanted a XB1 have it already or bought the TF bundle, the 399 XB1 wont be the ony XB sku available what happens when they are sold out? you know there wont be much stock for them as they wont be making MS much money.  i believe the clear conception its that the PS4 is the 'it" console for this gen its the most powerful it has the best price and its where gamers want to play on b/c it will continue to evolve and offer fresh games, unlike MS always having to rely on Halo and gears on other older franchises.  PS4  already established a larger userbase in all available territories its availbe in even in the US! gamers are gonna want to play online with there friends and since the PS4 is already in more homes than thats where they'll go

Post what you believe in and why

Play Me

Around the Network

I think so after looking into retail charts.

Stories unfolded with my home made rap songs. Feel free to listen here with lyrics: https://youtu.be/vyT9PbK5_T0

If it does, it will be a major win for Sony.

When they won march, people said "wait for the price cut/kinectless."
When they win june,people will say "wait for halo MCC".
If they win MCC month,people will say "wait for [insert game here]"

I think it will. Titanfal bundle was really good value and Sony won. I dont see how this bundle will make much of a change. Defo when you consider the price cuts they were doing on the bundles with extra games.

If it does win it will be marginal and i will be very shocked.

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Around the Network

Yes, but the gap will not be so huge as in may

#captainobviouspredictions #Patcher

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

It's a certainty, not just possible.

Looking at the sales trends, even after E3, Sony winning this month is much more probable than Microsoft. Microsoft not advertising their price drop at E3 was a bad idea.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

Amazon June 2014 bestsellers updated every day has PS4 siting at #7 while the the Titanfall Bundle and Kinectless are 46 and 58. http://www.amazon.com/bestsellers/2014-06/videogames#3

The charts are saying the PS4 will win, but everything in my head and logic tells me it wouldn't. Not just that it wouldn't but that it shouldn't. If it did, MS has a very very big problem considering they announced a XB1 price drop over 3 weeks ago which should have pushed potential sales into June.

Personally (albeit for my own selfish reasons), I want the XB1 to win every month from now till when the PS4 destiny bundle is to launch. Hopefully that makes sony sell it for $399 instead of $449.