By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Halo: Master Chief Collection Tracking like a mainline Halo in Pre orders, beating all third party games

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/2014-06/videogames/#1

Tracking well on Amazon too for June.

Around the Network

I've never been a huge Halo fan (only finished one of the four games in this bundle).

But when I heard 'split screen,' I was completely sold. The bro and I are finally going to grab a second controller - this will be epic.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Of course, the game is going to sell a crap load. I'm sure most X1 owners will jump on it. Question is, will it move systems? I doubt it will in any significant amount

Seece said:
bluemd said:
BenVTrigger said:
Seece said:
BenVTrigger said:
Keep in mind though it may not sell as much lol

But yes its early pace is pretty amazing.

Yeah, 5m would be insane.

I think 3m+ seems doable tho.

3 million is already in the bag man

I think your data is really affordable,  but i think maybe you're being excessively optimistic.  From what i know you have a lot of info about na market,  which is where this bundle will do great numbers.  However 3m in the bag would mean you basically already have inside information about a100 percent attach rate na, or you've made an assumption based on the first 2 days of preordes in only na,  assuming that in Europe demand is the same,  and also that demand won't decrease soon.  It's not a given preorders will still be so good next week,  most of preorders post e3 are from die hard xbone fan, the same who bought day one with kinect. 

Think Ben means lifetime, US is about 50% of XB1 sales, maybe a little more. XB1 userbase by the end of this year could easily be 6m+, 1.5m this holiday alone in US is 25% attach rate.

I think it's an incredibly good bundle at a really cheap price and that is going to sell really well,  i'm only saying 2 days of only na preorders (and also being those days the 2 post e3) are not statically significant to infer ww lifetime numbers right now.  

But,  as i said,  i think benv has the best data on internet,  only second to npd data,  so i think there were really good preorders. 

wary-wallaroo said:
Of course, the game is going to sell a crap load. I'm sure most X1 owners will jump on it. Question is, will it move systems? I doubt it will in any significant amount

It might not need too.  What indications we have post-E3 demonstrate that Xbox One sales started to pick up substantially 2 days ago!

Around the Network
starcraft said:
wary-wallaroo said:

It might not need too.  What indications we have post-E3 demonstrate that Xbox One sales started to pick up substantially 2 days ago!

Hasn't it been slipping lower in the Amazon charts? I thought the only thing other than that thst we had was that Gamestop PR fluff piece

bluemd said:
Seece said:

Think Ben means lifetime, US is about 50% of XB1 sales, maybe a little more. XB1 userbase by the end of this year could easily be 6m+, 1.5m this holiday alone in US is 25% attach rate.

I think it's an incredibly good bundle at a really cheap price and that is going to sell really well,  i'm only saying 2 days of only na preorders (and also being those days the 2 post e3) are not statically significant to infer ww lifetime numbers right now.  

But,  as i said,  i think benv has the best data on internet,  only second to npd data,  so i think there were really good preorders. 

Do you think EU Xbox One owners won't buy Halo or something?

It's #1 on Amazon UK, #9 on Amazon france, #3 on Amazon Germany. This game is gonna be big.

jlmurph2 said:
bluemd said:
Seece said:

Do you think EU Xbox One owners won't buy Halo or something?

It's #1 on Amazon UK, #9 on Amazon france, #3 on Amazon Germany. This game is gonna be big.

The X1 is dead outside NA/UK though

wary-wallaroo said:
starcraft said:
wary-wallaroo said:

Hasn't it been slipping lower in the Amazon charts? I thought the only thing other than that thst we had was that Gamestop PR fluff piece

That Gamestop PR fluff piece is far more meaningful than Amazon charts! Amazon represents a small (but growing) segment of the market, and there is no absolute or proportional allocaiton to their rankings even if we knew what element of the market they comprise.

Gamestop has indicated for weeks now that preorders were improving, and that sales started well after E3!

bluemd said:

Yeah I've made no claims to LT sales yet other than I really do believe this will hit 3 million.

But still that's not firm yet. Its way too early and as you said only 2 days of pre-orders. I'm not claiming anything other than these first 2 days have been fantastic for the bundle.