By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Metal Gear Solid 4 or Gears 2. Which will sell more?

It may be very close. Gears may have the upper hand as of now(looking at the current install bases) but with the building momentum of the PS3 and the fact that MGS4 will be the first exclusive triple A, things may bid better for Snake. Metal Gear also has Japan while gears doesn't. I saw the thread for Gears v Resistance and thought this was a better comparison. Anyway discuss...

Around the Network

Think it will be very close too, but Gears 2 will sell more overall.

I don't bother listing my last-gen games (PS2, Xbox, GC) to my collection cause there's too many of them. ;)

this is a good question because i don't have a clue .I know i am getting gears of war 2

it not who i am but what i do that defines me. you'll never walk alone you'll never walk alone walk on walk on.

Gears 2

Gamertag: KillswitchTris PSN ID: KsET665 Wii Friend Code: 8415 6393 6330 0940 (PM me if you add me)
Feel Free To Add Me Tag: LISMDK - Extremely bad taste in music

MGS 4!!

War has changed...

Football streaming

Comment Faire

Around the Network

Are we counting the GoW PC sales too?

These threads are just getting silly now lol

Gears 2 will of course sell more copies, the key is the 360 FPS demographic and also the 7 Million console lead they enjoy (for the moment) :D

Metal Gear Solid 4.

@Serious: lol, no we are not counting the PC version that will eventually come out. You were joking right?

dumb thread, at least compare 2 games that are somewhat alike

depends on how much MS wants to promote it, last time they spent 20 million. if they do it again this time, I say Gears

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)