By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Sunset Overdrive(Gameplay) 16 minutes of Glorious gameplay

Sunset Overdrive

Day One 30 42.25%

Waiting for Price Drop 5 7.04%

ahhhhhh I will buy at a high price 6 8.45%

whats sunset overdrive 9 12.68%

De nada 15 21.13%

I am broke 6 8.45%

Total:71
GhetooBillGates said:

The Game does have RPG elements and special moves called Amps that you could unlock and use that adds more to the gameplay vareity which Insomniac are very good at pulling of case in point Rachet and Clank games, weaponry in this game is already godly. I can see your concerns, this does feel like a floaty run and gunner, but the way the game is setup its what works best verticality is good. Furthermore i am sure you will be able to develop a playstyle best suited to your needs. For those of you who didnt know there is 8 player multiplayer Co-op mode callled"Chaos mode" Expect screaming children and people running all over your screen wrecking s***. 

variety's always cool.. but tons of moves doesn't neccessarily equate to utilizing the variations available.  hope to see more gameplay to make a better determination.

Man.. I hate it when your girl has to leave my place to come back to you..

Around the Network

Sunset Overdrive is full of so much win!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

after watching SSOD at E3 I learned 2 things.

Insomniac should have made Resistance 3rd person, and I don't like this game.

I say this because it seems Insomniac does great work in 3rd person.

BillyBong said:
GhetooBillGates said:

The Game does have RPG elements and special moves called Amps that you could unlock and use that adds more to the gameplay vareity which Insomniac are very good at pulling of case in point Rachet and Clank games, weaponry in this game is already godly. I can see your concerns, this does feel like a floaty run and gunner, but the way the game is setup its what works best verticality is good. Furthermore i am sure you will be able to develop a playstyle best suited to your needs. For those of you who didnt know there is 8 player multiplayer Co-op mode callled"Chaos mode" Expect screaming children and people running all over your screen wrecking s***. 

variety's always cool.. but tons of moves doesn't neccessarily equate to utilizing the variations available.  hope to see more gameplay to make a better determination.

Your assessment is fair and swift more gameplay is needed to make a judgement call on whether or not to purchase the game, but i am already sold on the game. Going by developer Integrity i would say Insomniac is Naughty Dogs little sister. I mean both studios did work in the same building at one point in  their respective careers, via Universal with Mark Cerny as president. Ted Price did say everything they have learned up until now and their experience as a company for 20 years will be well reflected by Sunset Overdrive. 

MARCUSDJACKSON said:

Resistance Retribution was a pretty good game on the PSP, I dont know about continuing the franchise, Resistance 3 was OK, and Nihilistic made a crap vita port. The Resistance name has been sullied unfortunately, i dont think Insomniac will ever go back to it. 

Around the Network
GhetooBillGates said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:

Resistance Retribution was a pretty good game on the PSP, I dont know about continuing the franchise, Resistance 3 was OK, and Nihilistic made a crap vita port. The Resistance name has been sullied unfortunately, i dont think Insomniac will ever go back to it. 

no they won't.

i think it would take a big name in order for anyone to even bring interesting back to the franchise.

MARCUSDJACKSON said:
GhetooBillGates said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:

no they won't.

i think it would take a big name in order for anyone to even bring interesting back to the franchise.

I never really liked Resistance thought it was a great launch title. As for Ratchet and Clank Remake Dont know how i feel about it but they have garnered my interest and i look forward to seeing the movie aswell.  

GhetooBillGates said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
GhetooBillGates said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:

no they won't.

I never really liked Resistance thought it was a great launch title. As for Ratchet and Clank Remake Dont know how i feel about it but they have garnered my interest and i look forward to seeing the movie aswell.  

i liked R1 and R3.

i think R&C movie will be interesting.