By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Sunset Overdrive(Gameplay) 16 minutes of Glorious gameplay

Sunset Overdrive

Day One 30 42.25%

Waiting for Price Drop 5 7.04%

ahhhhhh I will buy at a high price 6 8.45%

whats sunset overdrive 9 12.68%

De nada 15 21.13%

I am broke 6 8.45%

Total:71

Hey there fellow Insomniacs, how many are you pumped for Sunset Overdrive, Ted Price CEO of Insomniac games, has shared a meaty dose of Open World goodness , That is sunset overdrive Character customizations, zany enemies,acrobatics, parkour, freerunning, funky weapons, factions, zombies you name it all the of the greatest qualities you would expect from a game like this. Insomniac may have a winner on their hands Goty 2014, this is Insomni's redemption after a couple of undesirable games i shall not mention. 

Around the Network

404, yo.

pokoko said:
404, yo.

Works now thanks for the notification.

day 1 here

I just got a gaming pc so I'm too broke to buy a Xbox One or this game (maybe in a year or two though!)

Current consoles: Wii U, Gaming PC

Add me on Wii U! Adamjh99

Add me on Steam! GamingByAdam

Around the Network

First, the open world environment looks awesome. That's "next gen" to me.

Second, this game reminds me SO MUCH of Saint's Row 4.

The combat, though ... eh. Seems to be all about running and gunning, kinda. All the environmental damage traps were nifty, though.

Damn, does this game look polished. You can tell they put a lot of work into it.

Ted has a really nice shirt.

Whoa, complete character customization, awesome. I did not know that.

Adameh said:
I just got a gaming pc so I'm too broke to buy a Xbox One or this game (maybe in a year or two though!)

Congratulations on your purchase make great use of those steam sales and humble bundles, you will definitely get a great return on your investment. As far buying a xbox one your plan sounds very good, although 2014 Xbox Lineup looks strong 2015 and beyong, looks even brighter. 

pokoko said:
First, the open world environment looks awesome. That's "next gen" to me.

Second, this game reminds me SO MUCH of Saint's Row 4.

The combat, though ... eh. Seems to be all about running and gunning, kinda. All the environmental damage traps were nifty, though.

Damn, does this game look polished. You can tell they put a lot of work into it.

Ted has a really nice shirt.

Whoa, complete character customization, awesome. I did not know that.

Insomniacs  games are trully a sight for sore eyes the polish you speak of is prevalent in all their games except for Fuse, which i will slide that one under the carpet, Uncharted 2 was praised as one of the best graphical show pieces on PS3. Ultimately i felt Ratchet And Clank" A Crack In Time, was the closet to Pixar Production in terms of graphics cutscenes were like a Pixar move.  Note: Pic Below is from R&C Nexxus  

i dunno.. this game looks flashy but the fighting mechanic looks rather dull.. slide, jump, slide, jump, jump, find a place to jump, slide, repeat... i really hope it's more than just this.

Man.. I hate it when your girl has to leave my place to come back to you..

The Game does have RPG elements and special moves called Amps that you could unlock and use that adds more to the gameplay vareity which Insomniac are very good at pulling of case in point Rachet and Clank games, weaponry in this game is already godly. I can see your concerns, this does feel like a floaty run and gunner, but the way the game is setup its what works best verticality is good. Furthermore i am sure you will be able to develop a playstyle best suited to your needs. For those of you who didnt know there is 8 player multiplayer Co-op mode callled"Chaos mode" Expect screaming children and people running all over your screen wrecking s***.