By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Anyone else disappointed with Naughty Dog's E3 Reveal?

Gameplay will be at next years e3, closer to release. Honestly, with U4 being so far away I was happy with what we saw. ND are developing something new as well. TLOU was new, which means they created 2 new IPs last gen.

Around the Network

Last gen they brought two new IPs, Uncharted and TLoU. This gen they seem angling to bring at least one more if not two. They just have to round off Uncharted.

I honestly have no problem with more uncharted games, its not really the kinda game that you can milk off as long as they can keep giving good reasons to go back into the world.

I want them to make this one harder though both the action and the puzzles and really work on the platforming elements of the game too. Lets give it a proper sendoff. Then make U5 as a PS5 launch title lol. (assuming Drake doesn't die in this one)

I was looking forward to seeing some gameplay. I was actually expecting to see the cutscene transition seamlessly into gameplay. That would have been wild! Naught Dog will definitely have a new IP ready. We might have to wait until 2017 at least though!

I don't know if it has been brought up but did anyone else notice Nathan was wearing a wedding band? Spoilers?! If it is his end, it looks like the stakes are high in Uncharted 4!

spemanig said:
I was just disappointed there was no gameplay. Amazing that that was all in engine, though.

Agreed. As amazing as the in-engine footage was, just a little gameplay would have been nice :/ Even just some brief montage clips like with UC3's trailer would have been cool.

Fusioncode said:
I don't care if it's Uncharted 4, The Last of Us 2, Jak 4, or Barbie Horse Adventure 3, I'm happy with whatever Naughty Dog wants to do.

I'm pretty disappointed that they didn't announce Barbie Horse Adventure 3 yet. But they said they're working on a new IP so fingers crossed.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
danasider said:
All of the above comments make sense, so I guess it might have been an overreaction on my part. But the reveal would have been better if it was longer and more in depth (like Uncharted 2 as someone stated), and maybe a teaser (even if it was a name reveal with nothing else) of what new ND franchise PS4 users have in store for them. E3 is just not exciting this year as it has been in the past so something like that would give me more hope than the trailer that was given.

On another note, not that it matters, but is it just me or did Nathan Drake get uglier? Sure the graphics are noticeably better and more detailed, but a lot of his face looked different in terms of features and not just aesthetic quality.

Mild spoilers -

"Several years after his last adventure, retired fortune hunter, Nathan Drake, is forced back into the world of thieves. With the stakes much more personal, Drake embarks on a globe-trotting journey in pursuit of a historical conspiracy behind a fabled pirate treasure. His greatest adventure will test his physical limits, his resolve, and ultimately what he’s willing to sacrifice to save the ones he loves."
(IGN)

Avoiding spoiler: An older Drake.

It seems uncharted 4 will be the last of the series so a perfect time to work on Last of Us 2 and another IP

Disappointed by Uncharted 4? Never!

What I saw was amazing, even if they only showed a teaser. Finally something that truly showed the power and potential of the 8th gen. They can wait with a new IP until after the masterpiece that will be UC4 .

The Last of Us footage didn't say much however, I think they only showed a couple cutscenes. Not disappointed by that either though, I'm not exactly interested in a remaster of a year old game that's barely going to be better anyway.

I wasn't disappointed at all. I was expecting something from Naughty Dog from Uncharted. I didn't expect gameplay since they're used to show it off at the VGA/VGX, but I wanted a lengthier trailer. It was still good to know they are keeping us hyped for Uncharted. The series never failed to impress me.

No, I was only disappointed with The Order. That game looks terrible to me.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54