By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Predict: Which consoles exclusives will sell the most combined this fall/holdiay?

Which console exclusives combined will sell the most?

WiiU's 216 50.82%

XB1's 82 19.29%

PS4's 112 26.35%

Statistical Tie 13 3.06%

Total:423
DanneSandin said:
Do Sony fans REALLY believe PS4's exclusives will sell the most by the end of this year?! Or are you just voting for "your" brand? honest question

I voted Nintendo, but it isn't absolutely crazy.  I mean LBP3 will likely trounce Sunset Overdrive, and sure a Halo remaster might outsell Driveclub, but then again it is a remaster and it is on a console with half the install base.

Around the Network
Captain_Tom said:
DanneSandin said:
Do Sony fans REALLY believe PS4's exclusives will sell the most by the end of this year?! Or are you just voting for "your" brand? honest question

I voted Nintendo, but it isn't absolutely crazy.  I mean LBP3 will likely trounce Sunset Overdrive, and sure a Halo remaster might outsell Driveclub, but then again it is a remaster and it is on a console with half the install base.

I can see if people think that Sony might outsell ONE of the competitors, but both of them? Sure, Halo is a remastered collection and Sunset is a new IP, and Forza doesn't sell like crazy, but that's three games, and two are bound to do fairly well (at least in the long run). While PS4 might have the biggest install base so far, we've seen that Mario Kart can really push good numbers for Nintendo, and Smash will probably do so as well. And Nintendo has the most games of the three for this year, even if most of them are pretty niche. I still don't see how Sony could sell the most exclusives... That's why I'm wondering

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Top 3:
Smash
Halo collection
Forza or LBP3

Excluding handhelds it will probably be microsoft (although smash will probably sell the most of everything). Including handhelds, it will easily be nintendo...

Wii U's exclusives will.

And to the people expecting wonders for halo collection: it will sell a lot... for a collection. don't hope for sales of a brand new halo.

Around the Network
Seece said:

I think I could agree Smash will be the top seller out of the bunch, at minimum top 3.

Thanks generic user, will add that now.

Edit - wait is it digital or retail? Nobody seems to know

Retail:

OP: Battle between Wii U and XOne

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

DanneSandin said:
Captain_Tom said:
DanneSandin said:

I can see if people think that Sony might outsell ONE of the competitors, but both of them? Sure, Halo is a remastered collection and Sunset is a new IP, and Forza doesn't sell like crazy, but that's three games, and two are bound to do fairly well (at least in the long run). While PS4 might have the biggest install base so far, we've seen that Mario Kart can really push good numbers for Nintendo, and Smash will probably do so as well. And Nintendo has the most games of the three for this year, even if most of them are pretty niche. I still don't see how Sony could sell the most exclusives... That's why I'm wondering

So I have a few responses:

-Mario Kart actually proves my point.  The Wii U's biggest 1st party game of the generation couldn't outsell a third party game on PS4.

-LBP games have always sold well, and it has been a long time since they released a major LBP.

-The last Forza was just released, and so I could easily see Driveclub beat that game on a console with double the install and no racing game yet.  It will sell like hotcakes in Europe.

-Halo: CEA only sold 2.24m on a console with a massive install base.  I could easily see the massive win LBP3 has ove Sunset combined with the surplus Driveclub has over Forza beat MS's total.

-Nintendo is just a wild card in my book.  Their biggest game is selling well, but not as well as they need it to.  I doubt their combined 1st party games sales will be beat either Sony or MS this holiday.

Ka-pi96 said:
Captain_Tom said:
Ka-pi96 said:
Xbox One!

Poor PS4, so few exclusives. Wii U will probably have Smash as it's only big seller. while Xbox One should get plenty of sales from Halo, Sunset and Forza.

To be fair Sunset is the only real exclusive this Holiday for MS.  I mean I wouldn't count a remaster and a racing game that had its last release less than a year ago a big deal.

Horizon 2 isn't quite the same as Forza 5 though. Also. I expect Halo MCC to be the best selling remaster collection ever.

Why?  Halo: CEA sold a little over 2 million on an install of 70m.

Ka-pi96 said:
Captain_Tom said:

-The last Forza was just released, and so I could easily see Driveclub beat that game on a console with double the install and no racing game yet.  It will sell like hotcakes in Europe.

This will only be including physical sales and most of Driveclubs sales will probably be from people digitally upgrading from the PS+ version.

A fair point, but I have to bring up something else: why only Holiday games?

-TLoU remastered will sell gangbusters, and that InFamous game will do decently too.

-The Order comes out in February, and what is Xbox getting then?

RolStoppable said:
Wii U should win this due to lack of competition, but not by much. It's a toss-up between Wii U and X1 while the PS4 has last place locked up.

Forza is not exclusive, Fantasia is not exclusive, "LittleBigPlanter" is not exclusive. Feel free to dismiss Sonic Boom as well, even though it will be two different games for Wii U and 3DS.

If I ommitted all cross gen stuff there wouldn't be a thread, Wiiu would lose the only game that will actually help it compete (as the rest are all niche as niche can be).

Cross gen is fine, I'm only counting those system sales afterall.