By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - X just got a massive downgrade graphically speaking

Cheebee said:
Well it's certainly on a much larger scale than RDR, that's for sure.

LOL hold on a sec.  A larger scale than RDR?! How so?

Around the Network

I don't see the downgrade.. Monolith has always had meh character models. We've just never seen them close up before. The other 90% of the game is still going to look as amazing as the other trailers.

8th gen predictions. (made early 2014)
PS4: 60-65m
WiiU: 30-35m
X1: 30-35m
3DS: 80-85m
PSV: 15-20m

IM guessing you guys didnt see that actual gameplay shown at Nintendo tree house, The games still looks great! These cut scenes dont hold up to the actual game running on the WiiU, The envierment looks amazing

'Video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock-n-roll.'
-Shigeru Miyamoto

KylieDog said:
Lucas-Rio said:

This looks better.

Captain_Tom said:
Lucas-Rio said:
spemanig said:
Dude, it never looked that good to begin with.

Good? it looked absolutely amazing, next gen quality, best of the Wii U. Now it's just ugly. Bayonetta 2 looks much better.

Well that's your opinion.  I am gonna back up spemanig and say it never looked noticably better than last gen.  In fact it reminded me of the PS3 version of FFXIII.

Both of those are not open world games.

The graphics didnt bother me. What bothered me was all that sci fi focus where the game kind of lost its soul to me.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Around the Network
KylieDog said:
burning_phoneix said:

Both of those are not open world games.

FFXII is open world.

12 or 13?

KylieDog said:
burning_phoneix said:
KylieDog said:

FFXII is open world.

12 or 13?

Open world implies that the world itself is not segrated into small areas like FF12.

If we accept FF12 as open world, then Zelda OoT was open world because Hyrule field linked to different areas.

KylieDog said:
burning_phoneix said:
KylieDog said:

Open world implies that the world itself is not segrated into small areas like FF12.

If we accept FF12 as open world, then Zelda OoT was open world because Hyrule field linked to different areas.

Very few open world games don't feature segregated areas. 

The only segrated areas that matter are indoor buildings. FF12 uses the same system as Zelda OoT of having a bunch of small areas "stiched" together in one world.

Morrowind  and San Andreas gave you the ability to walk from one end of the overworld to the other without a loading screen before FF12.

If I can see a mountain in the distance and walk towards it without a loading screen then it is an open world game. If I have to go through several "gates" then it is not open world but a series of stages.

Clyde32 said:
swbf2lord said:
I thought the game always looked bad. I never got why people kept going on about the graphics. It always seemed weird, but I've planned to buy it just because the Wii U didn't have much else. Competition's heating up now, so it might not be on my "to buy" list anymore.

You want to buy this game. If not, play the first game, and then you will. 

That only works on the weak-minded. :P

Who gives a shit? The graphics might be shit, but the Wii U has enough ram it to process an abnormally large game by Nintendo standards.