By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - X just got a massive downgrade graphically speaking

I won't lie but when I saw it on the e3 direct I was WTF happened, but after watching the treehouse and actual gameplay the game looks as good as ever (that music when he was in the field epic). It seems the only reason we thought downgrade was because we never really saw the character models close up before but the environment looks good as it always had.

My 3ds friendcode: 5413-0232-9676 (G-cyber)

Around the Network
OttoniBastos said:
The textures are bad and they're trying to hide with cartoonish cell-shading effects.

and the faces,is this Zone of the enders cutscenes?

maybe on the trailer, but the live gameplay video looked awesome.

Trailer was meh. Gameplay in treehouse is much better.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

KylieDog said:
Lucas-Rio said:

This looks better.

Low blow XD  

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCZ734RshPA

Go to -1.12. This game looks AMAZING ! Absolutely beautiful !

Around the Network

I thought the game always looked bad. I never got why people kept going on about the graphics. It always seemed weird, but I've planned to buy it just because the Wii U didn't have much else. Competition's heating up now, so it might not be on my "to buy" list anymore.

Nevertheless, Scale was jawdropping and the game ran super smooth. Kudos!

swbf2lord said:
I thought the game always looked bad. I never got why people kept going on about the graphics. It always seemed weird, but I've planned to buy it just because the Wii U didn't have much else. Competition's heating up now, so it might not be on my "to buy" list anymore.

You want to buy this game. If not, play the first game, and then you will. 

Well it's certainly on a much larger scale than RDR, that's for sure.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Lucas-Rio said:
spemanig said:
Dude, it never looked that good to begin with.

Good? it looked absolutely amazing, next gen quality, best of the Wii U. Now it's just ugly. Bayonetta 2 looks much better.

Well that's your opinion.  I am gonna back up spemanig and say it never looked noticably better than last gen.  In fact it reminded me of the PS3 version of FFXIII.