By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Zelda U: The Zelda title the Wii U deserves, but not the one it needs?

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
I do agree that fans will have mixed feeling about this till 10 years later when they will be praising it

I'm not praising Wind Waker ten years later. I still dislike it.

I LOVE ICELAND!

Around the Network
KungKras said:
I do agree that fans will have mixed feeling about this till 10 years later when they will be praising it

Same here.

VanceIX said:
manuel said:

Quoted because I couldn't have said it better.

The game looks excellent and I can't wait to see more of it.

I love the hell out of this artstyle. I thought SS had so much potential but never reached it, this is simply amazing.

That being said, the reality of the majority gamer market is that waaaaay too many people put emphasis on graphics over everything. A cartoon Zelda isn't going to move many Wi U units.

That being sbaid, I don't reallly mind. As long as we get a great Zelda game, that's all that matters for me. 

Yes, unfortunately.

I can only speak for myself, but I totally love colorful graphics.

And with the new Zelda I love the "new" character design and the design of the world.

Now that I've seen it, it's really hard to wait that long.

Need something off Play-Asia? http://www.play-asia.com/

curl-6 said:
KungKras said:

Same here.

And then there's guys like me. I adored the hell out of Wind Waker the moment I saw it.

And I still love it 10 years later.

Need something off Play-Asia? http://www.play-asia.com/

It looks great. I hope travelling around the huge open world doesn't drag but it depends on how they make the game. Overall I'm looking forward to it. Skyward Swards graphics had two problems. It looked ugly and low rez on my TV and I didn't like the design of link or zelda. This is hi res and I love the design of link (Or is it Zelda??).

I know there's always a loud ultra conservative crowed who'd love a brown and dirty Zelda that looks and play like every other game on the market but thankfully Nintendo doesn't listen to them.

Around the Network
KungKras said:

Wind Waker was definitely the worst Zelda game, IMO, outside of the Phillips CDI ones.

Cell shading is a copout for lazy texture artists. Might be time for Retro to get a shot at a Zelda title.

The Carnival of Shadows - Folk Punk from Asbury Park, New Jersey

http://www.thecarnivalofshadows.com 

Blouge said:
>A cel-shaded game, on this scope, will move a significant amount of Wii Us. From the sounds of it though, you're sound ungrateful. My current prediction for this Zelda title is 7 million in lifetime sales

2 million is optimistic. Consider the sales history of the weirdly-graphicked Zeldas - they do not do well - and look at the install base.

The cel-shading is visually appalling. The nonsense someone was posting about Ghibli or Mononoke or whatever means nothing to the game's primary market, viz. the west.

Also, I find it disturbing that Link is sporting a blue tunic rather than his iconic green one. Is it a special tunic or a reckless art decision?

If we're in prediction mode, I'm going to say 900K units sold, LTD. A lot of Wii U owners are already turned off to the art style, and it's not going to draw new Wii U owners' attention, especially not at $65. It'd have to get a perfect metacritic score for it to break 1M.

The Carnival of Shadows - Folk Punk from Asbury Park, New Jersey

http://www.thecarnivalofshadows.com 

curl-6 said:
KungKras said:

Same here.

Oh you guys will all grow up someday. (;

I think Nintendo wanted to surprise us, and they did. If this can't sell, I don't know what will.

My 8th gen collection

Raze said:
Blouge said:
>A cel-shaded game, on this scope, will move a significant amount of Wii Us. From the sounds of it though, you're sound ungrateful. My current prediction for this Zelda title is 7 million in lifetime sales

2 million is optimistic. Consider the sales history of the weirdly-graphicked Zeldas - they do not do well - and look at the install base.

The cel-shading is visually appalling. The nonsense someone was posting about Ghibli or Mononoke or whatever means nothing to the game's primary market, viz. the west.

Also, I find it disturbing that Link is sporting a blue tunic rather than his iconic green one. Is it a special tunic or a reckless art decision?

If we're in prediction mode, I'm going to say 900K units sold, LTD. A lot of Wii U owners are already turned off to the art style, and it's not going to draw new Wii U owners' attention, especially not at $65. It'd have to get a perfect metacritic score for it to break 1M.

I really really don't understand how either of you think this when Wind Waker HD will have sold like 1.5 million lifetime itself. This Zelda is actually new, far prettier, will be marketed more than the zilch WW recieved, and will launch to a larger install base. It's 3 million minimum and I'm confident saying that without even seeing the rest of the game. There's honestly no reason that if given a good shot by Nintendo that Zelda U can't sell near Wind Waker (GCN) levels. Wind Waker got WAY more negative reactions than this and still managed to sell 4.6 million units on 20 million consoles.

But oh well, doesn't look like either of you are in the majority on the forum at least. So doubt away if you will. I think you guys are either crazy or just have a  poor grip of the WiiU owner market as well as the general response to this game's art.