By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - i feel sorry for sony and microsoft

Wagram said:
NobleTeam360 said:
It was ok, not sure how Nintendo fans are claiming it was a great show. It was good, not great.

Pretty simple really. It appealed to their needs. Need to look at the conference from all angles, and it's pretty clear that some are hyping up an above-average but not great conference.

Nothing mind blowing was shown, if they had a Zelda like the tech demo at least I can understand,  but the conference was a huge disappointment. 

Around the Network

i think sony/ea/ubi/Microsoft could learn something, all those conferences were painful to watch. Very dull and no emotion, nothing but cgi trailers. Best thing to come from them all was LBP3

Cant wait to see star fox

WII U // PC // 3ds XL // VITA

breaktime said:
Wagram said:
NobleTeam360 said:
It was ok, not sure how Nintendo fans are claiming it was a great show. It was good, not great.

Pretty simple really. It appealed to their needs. Need to look at the conference from all angles, and it's pretty clear that some are hyping up an above-average but not great conference.

Nothing mind blowing was shown, if they had a Zelda like the tech demo at least I can understand,  but the conference was a huge disappointment. 

What did you expect to be announced seriously they showed everything people basically wanted to see. It was a good showing stop being negative and trying to downplay all the great games just shown.

Survivor Millennial vs Gen X!!

IMO this whole debate over conferences just reinforces the existing gap between what Nintendo fans want and what PS4/XONE fans want. The tastes are on opposite ends of the spectrum. Mario Kart/Party and Smash may appeal to some but I would certainly not buy a console for titles like that, and I haven't seen enough of Zelda/X to be too critical but they are already looking a little dated.

But for the fans who actually like those titles and don't care about raw power and OMFG GFX it was probably a great show with plenty to look forward to.

It's all about the game.

zelda looked very interesting even though it's not my type of game, and aside from X, everything else was a snoozefest. probably interesting to the younger (5-10 yrd olds) crowd though

Around the Network

Yes they did so far. Just a little advice for people who say it will not bring the mass Market are wrong. The masses or casuals really dont watch E3 they get their info through gaming articles.So if they impress the gaming media the word will spread

Bruxel said:
i think sony/ea/ubi/Microsoft could learn something, all those conferences were painful to watch. Very dull and no emotion, nothing but cgi trailers. Best thing to come from them all was LBP3

Cant wait to see star fox

In your opinion i and many disagree. But you liked the zelda cgi trailer right? Sony showed a lot of gaemplay too, not just cgi.

breaktime said:
DerNebel said:
What? Nintendo dropped the ball imo.

I agree everybody wanted a Zelda like the tech demo they showed but we got cell shaded,  which was a huge let down,  and xenoblade looked like hot garbage in that trailer they showed, and no third party support and Nintendo won  lmao.

I actually liked the new Zelda look, I think that game looks awesome, I don't need everything to be dark but I agree that Xenoblade really didn't look as impressive as it did at first, especially the characters looked imo really bad.

That's not why I think they dropped the ball though, it's because they only showed one new IP and because almost everything they showed only got a 2015 release window, oh and I would've liked to see something from SMGxFE.

LOL @ Nintendo fans. You think people are going to go snatch up WiiUs? NO! Wii's success is largely due to casuals who wanted to stay with a fad. Most of the people who own Wiis don't even know what E3 is. Do you think WiiU will fly off shelves will the other 2 superior consoles lag behind? Think again! It's actually bad because now you guys will look pretty silly in the end.

/rant

DolPhanTendo said:
Yes they did so far. Just a little advice for people who say it will not bring the mass Market are wrong. The masses or casuals really dont watch E3 they get their info through gaming articles.So if they impress the gaming media the word will spread

The casuals don't watch E3 but read gaming articles...what?