By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - i feel sorry for sony and microsoft

I can see why Wii U fans are happy but speaking as a Wii U owner myself, I'm not. I realize I'm the odd one in the bunch but I just didn't see enough to convince me that my purchase earlier this year was justified. I could see myself being happy next year, when 75% of those games come out but right now I gotta get through the entire year just to get to Smash Bros.

On the entertainment side, Nintendo was very funny and the show felt well paced, the talk about the figures was kind of boring to me, I have no interest in that stuff. Overall, I give Nintendo a 7/10. Just above Sony by a little but under MS a little. At the end of the day, none of the three main shows were anything to jizz your pants over.

Around the Network

Only 1 new IP...everything 2015, and sony and Ms never stood a chance? ROFL.

Nintendo revealed unique games not CGI movies.. If I wanted to watch a movie Id go to the theatres

I actually predicted on the IGN boards that Sony fans would be disappointed because they've set the bar to high and Nintendo fans will think everything is awesome because all the need to see is Smash Bros., Zelda, and possibly Pokemon/Metroid.

JakDaSnack said:
BasiltheBatLord said:
what exactly was so great with Nintendo? Zelda U announcement and Starfox U are both big. aside from that what really was there?

So much...yarn yoshi, mario maker, more super smash announcments, bayonetta 1 is being bundled with 2, splatoon, X, the toad game.  

Imho, Nintendo won, but Nintendo makes games that are created to be "fun" while Microsoft and sony make games that are meant to tell a story, that's why not everyone enjoys Nintendo games, but for nintendo fans, this was easily the best Nintendo showing in years.

What an inane statement ive had fun with games from all 3 manufacturers and I'm quite sure several other people would agree 

To imply that only nintendo fans have fun with their consoles is rather amusing  

Ot don't be op

Around the Network
marioboy2004 said:
Nintendo revealed unique games not CGI movies.. If I wanted to watch a movie Id go to the theatres

That's cool. But do you think the "unique games" will help them push ahead of the competition? Trust me, nothing will change. The variety that the other 2 consoles bring will always trump Nintendo. They revealed new games in decades old franchises. The casuals who bought Wiis aren't even playing games anymore. They've either grown old and passed on or have grown up and moved on to Xbox/PS4.

So the general sense I'm getting (here and elsewhere) is that Nintendo fans thought it was good, others less so.  That probably isn't the kind of showing Nintendo needed right now.

o_O.Q said:

What an inane statement ive had fun with games from all 3 manufacturers and I'm quite sure several other people would agree 

To imply that only nintendo fans have fun with their consoles is rather amusing  

Ot don't be op

I never implied that, I just said that Sony and Micosoft focus on telling a story.  That's why we see so much cgi and voice acting.

please, don't assume, it just makes you look silly.

Something...Something...Games...Something

Bruxel said:

they didnt stand a chance! nintendo brought it 

lilwingman said:
IMO this whole debate over conferences just reinforces the existing gap between what Nintendo fans want and what PS4/XONE fans want. The tastes are on opposite ends of the spectrum. Mario Kart/Party and Smash may appeal to some but I would certainly not buy a console for titles like that, and I haven't seen enough of Zelda/X to be too critical but they are already looking a little dated.

But for the fans who actually like those titles and don't care about raw power and OMFG GFX it was probably a great show with plenty to look forward to.

Absolutely agree with you here. It's not about downplaying any of the excellent announcements today. The problem I have with the show itself is that it still does not convince the non-nintendo faithful that they must run out and buy a Wii U this instant. A lot of it is still far off in the distance, hardly nay third party support, and more.

Now I can see how this conference is really appealing to those who want just that (more nintendo). However, no big bombs (like the other shows) and more of the same doesn't impress the non-faithful.