By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - E3 2014 Rate-A-Conference (Nintendo wins!)

So I went back and watched the Sony conference, virtually nothing that I am personally interested in as expected, but I can see how the show was good for people into those franchises. I feel like I should give Sony and edge over Microsoft even though there were a couple of games I was interested in the MS show, but then again, with the super short scale I would have to give the Sony show a 4 which is near perfection and that feels bad also.

Final verdict: a strong 3

Around the Network

Microsoft - 4 (thought all around great, not many games my genre, but can't knock a good game for that)
Sony - 3 (same as Microsoft but lost a point due to the tv boring time)
EA - 1 (barely payed attention, was doing stuff on other monitor while going on, was that boring)
Ubisoft - 3 (pretty good showing, have lost interest in many of their series' of late though)
Nintendo - TBD

I like alot of what was shown at the Sony confrence there was some unique features i liked, like the Betas, the coop play for FarCry4 they date of PSNow. and the games is where they shined brightest The exlusives LBP3, Uncharted 4, The Order and BloodBorne are all games i will buy plus the mulitplats ill mostlikley buy on my PS$ instead of the XBox because of the better frame rates and resolutions. I give them a 4.5/5 if they limited the TV portion by just 10 min i would have given them a perfect.

Xbox had a nice con but nothing mind blowing. It seemed there con was focused around halo which was already announced (5 and 2hd) one thing i was super interested in was Scalebound ill prob pick that up. but as i said ill gets most if not all the multiplats on the 4. so 2.5/5 mayber a 3/5

Ubi had a good con great hostest fun and nice games 4/5

ea was terible i mean the explosion at the end was lame. 2/5

Sony 4.5/5
MS 3/5
UBI 4/5
EA 2/5

Nintendo: a solid 4 based on content, but I almost want to give it a 5 for making the traditional E3 format completely obsolete. Great show.

Nintendo: 3

would've been 1 without Zelda for Wii U

Around the Network

Nintendo - 4

Mario Maker and Hyrule Warriors look cool, but nothing jumps out to me as SYSTEM SELLER. Could have been a 5 with Metroid though.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Nintendo:1 trully dissapointed, i wanted to see some more Zelda U gameplay, looked ok nontheless, none of the games in the lineup screamed 8th gen,for Yoshis . Furthermore very short presentation, no Star Fox either, another game with Mario slapped on it meh, i mean Nintendo come on you should have more exclusives to show and new IPS at least more than MS and Sony. I did like the NFC thing nephews and nieces will love it but i stand by my vote. 

Sony 4
MS 4
Nintendo 4
EA 1
Ubisoft 3

PSN ID: clemens-nl                                                                                                                

Nintendo - 2

So much hope pinned on Zelda U gameplay...and nothing. Seems like all the big 3 screwed that one up. Kudos to them for making a new IP though.

• EA 2
  • UBI 3
  • MS 3
  • SONY 4
  • NTD 3