By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - E3 2014 Rate-A-Conference (Nintendo wins!)

Nintendo-5
MS-4
Sony-3
Ubi-2
EA-1 (deserves 0 though, I literally fell asleep during it)

Around the Network

Nintendo- 3/5 Good stuff shown but way too short

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Nintendo 5

microsoft 4

sony 3

ea 1

ubisoft 1

Nintendo - 5

MS - 4

Sony - 3

EA - 3

Ubi - 3

Microsoft: 2 - If most of it wasn't leaked or was the second E3 they have shown it would of been much higher, plus some of their better games suffered from horrid presentation, for example Sunset Overdive is a game I will probably get but how they presented it was bad.

EA: 2 - I haven't really been enamored with them for awhile now. And their shows don't even need to be leaked speaks how predictable they are.

Ubisoft: 2 - Suffered from the same problems as Microsoft and Sony, whould be a little lower if decimals where involved.

Sony: 2 - Same as Microsoft above.

Nintendo: 4 - If decimals were allowed it would be lower but. They came with what was expected came with some surprises. Surprised me with how close the Amiibo "platform" was to my fanboy fantasies. Plus the "leak" time has had almost now effect on the show since none of Miyamoto's games where really covered in the conference. This is what they should of done last year.

Around the Network

POLLS CLOSED AND TALLYING UP OP NOW!!!

RESULTS:

1) NINTENDO
Clearly Nintendo brought it this year and proved that digital events have far better potential than live shows. They created sensational marketing and really delivered this year.

2) SONY
Sony was no slouch. They definitely hit the info that people were anticipating and provide some with important extra benefits. Honestly, they convinced me to get a PS4 sometime in 2015... most likely.

3) MICROSOFT
They pretty much had a run of the mill show this year. Seems like people were satisfied but not wow'd.

4) UBISOFT
A bit underwhelming this year. Personally, the announcer annoys me. But basically the games were simply ... ok.

5) EA
Basically a big dud. People are seriously tired of your shit EA. Though with Star Wars info next year, here's hoping come back to shine.

Sony: 9.5/10
Nintendo: 9/10 (based on what I've heard)
Microsoft: 5/10
EA: 3/10
And I haven't watched Ubisoft's yet.