By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I'll tell you why Nintendo fans are so excited over 1 week's worth of sales.

peck said:
DerNebel said:

Don't remind me, all the people jumping the gun back then, especially about japanese sales. "It's saved","It's has japan locked now","sales will never drop back to 2013 levels"... yeah, that all worked out perfectly.

To the Nintendo fans that think the Wii Us destiny is changed now, seriously, wait a couple more weeks before proclaiming something like that. The more you expect now after one week, the harder you will be disappointed.

is it the same,selling almost 200.000 in mMay  with selling 200000 or 300000 in December?

It's the same in the sense that it's a temporal boost, this weeks Wii U sales are very impressive, but they still don't mean permanent change.

Around the Network
Lawlight said:

Like what?

Like not bringing Usher.

DerNebel said:

It's the same in the sense that it's a temporal boost, this weeks Wii U sales are very impressive, but they still don't mean permanent change.

Of course they don't mean permanent change, but they do mean potencial change, and we all know that the Wii U hasn't had that since launch.

Experimental42 said:
If it drops significantly, I'm not going anywhere.

The whole reason I made the thread was to point out it was hype, and well timed hype at that, that was making Nintendo fans come out of the wood works.

I'm not saying that sales will stay up (though I personally want them to). I'm just saying that things have worked out as perfectly as they possible for Nintendo at this moment in time. They are coming off the system's biggest success, and all eyes are on them at the biggest games conference of the year. People who don't even like Nintendo will be interested in what they do because it's make or break.

To me it's the most interesting storyline in any form of entertainment right now. Will Nintendo find their stride and actually start pushing hardware again? Do they have a good E3 lined up? Is it enough? What would I do in their situation? It helps me get through the boring days lol.

maybe you will, maybe you wont. But you DID come out the woodwork when Wii U had a good week. YOu werent around before then. So why would anyone believe that you would stick around if Wii U goes back to business as usual? Hell why WOULD you stay around if that happened, you wouldnt have anything to talk about (your words). Maybe you will stick around but ive been on this site long enough to know some guys will absoulutely disappear.

Gnac said:
Lawlight said:
spemanig said:
Lawlight said:
Nintendo isn't even having a conference at E3.

Yeah, they're doing something better.

Like what?

Company performance presentation for the press (since that appears to be the thing that gears the mainstream gaming press up), with an online presentation of gameplay videos (for everyone), many of which will be playable on the show floor (for those press enthusiasts who actually give a shit about doing their jobs).

Yeah.... I'm sure that's better...

Around the Network
Lawlight said:
Gnac said:

Company performance presentation for the press (since that appears to be the thing that gears the mainstream gaming press up), with an online presentation of gameplay videos (for everyone), many of which will be playable on the show floor (for those press enthusiasts who actually give a shit about doing their jobs).

Yeah.... I'm sure that's better...

You should definitely email Nintendo HQ with your expectations, so that they know what NOT to do.

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

oniyide said:
Experimental42 said:

The whole reason I made the thread was to point out it was hype, and well timed hype at that, that was making Nintendo fans come out of the wood works.

I'm not saying that sales will stay up (though I personally want them to). I'm just saying that things have worked out as perfectly as they possible for Nintendo at this moment in time. They are coming off the system's biggest success, and all eyes are on them at the biggest games conference of the year. People who don't even like Nintendo will be interested in what they do because it's make or break.

To me it's the most interesting storyline in any form of entertainment right now. Will Nintendo find their stride and actually start pushing hardware again? Do they have a good E3 lined up? Is it enough? What would I do in their situation? It helps me get through the boring days lol.

maybe you will, maybe you wont. But you DID come out the woodwork when Wii U had a good week. YOu werent around before then. So why would anyone believe that you would stick around if Wii U goes back to business as usual? Hell why WOULD you stay around if that happened, you wouldnt have anything to talk about (your words). Maybe you will stick around but ive been on this site long enough to know some guys will absoulutely disappear.

Because I don't mind being wrong and I'll be talking about Project Beast next week anyway.

Experimental42 said:
oniyide said:
Experimental42 said:

Because I don't mind being wrong and I'll be talking about Project Beast next week anyway.

we will see

Max King of the Wild said:

The first sentence is factually incorrect. Most people were hopeful the holidays, games and pricecut would sustain a higher sales. Remember Johnlucas thread? The analogy is even worse.

Yes, I remember JohnLucas. Was I supposed to take anything he said seriously or use him as an example for most Nintendo fans?

NintendoPie said:
Max King of the Wild said:

The first sentence is factually incorrect. Most people were hopeful the holidays, games and pricecut would sustain a higher sales. Remember Johnlucas thread? The analogy is even worse.

Yes, I remember JohnLucas. Was I supposed to take anything he said seriously or use him as an example for most Nintendo fans?

CASUAL observers, man. They're not HARDCORE in any way.

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3