By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wii U best console of all time??

Renzan said:
Nintentacle said:
I don't think many people will call it the best console of all time due to third party support, but tons of fans are bound to think It's the best Nintendo console.

This.

It'll probably be like this to most people, IMO:

GameCube > Wii U > N64 > SNES > Wii > NES

Around the Network
Nintentacle said:
Renzan said:
Nintentacle said:
I don't think many people will call it the best console of all time due to third party support, but tons of fans are bound to think It's the best Nintendo console.

This.

N64 > SNES? What in the world....? I don't really understand your example.

You can't control the system with the Pro controller and NN is nowhere near PSN and XBL among other minor problems. So no, it's not the best.

Leadified said:
Nintentacle said:
Renzan said:
Nintentacle said:

This.

Most Nintendo fans prefer N64's 1st party games.

You may not belive me, but I bought it day one.

However, it turned out (as you beautifully state), it's so good, I haven't even unboxed it, as looking the box itself provides more entertainment than anything else in the world.

Around the Network
Nintentacle said:
Leadified said:
Nintentacle said:

Eh, I don't know about that. N64 has OOT and SM64 which have huge followings but the SNES has SMW, LttP, Super Metroid, Kirby Superstar  and so on, so even strictly with first party games I think SNES takes this one. Then again I am biased for my favourite console of all time . Also I usually hear people preferring the N64 to the Gamecube as well.

man, it is difficult to judge the best.
even wii had mario galaxy, xenoblade, zelda SS, the definitive version of metroid prime and the best smash bros!
GC was awesome, N64 was awesome, SNES was awesome, even the wii is awesome!
And wii U is going to the same way!!!

Sorry NES.

Not. even . close. It isn't even the best Nintendo console of all time.  SNES is best Nin console.  It isn't selling badly because it is the best console ever made...or just because of marketing or "the internet".

Leadified said:
Nintentacle said:
Leadified said:
Nintentacle said:

Eh, I don't know about that. N64 has OOT and SM64 which have huge followings but the SNES has SMW, LttP, Super Metroid, Kirby Superstar  and so on, so even strictly with first party games I think SNES takes this one. Then again I am biased for my favourite console of all time . Also I usually hear people preferring the N64 to the Gamecube as well.

Well I don't know then...

Pavolink said:
No. NSMBWii 720p, DKCR 720p and 3DLand 720p is not a rave library.

720p who cares what?

Seriously, if that's the scale by which you are judging games perhaps you are not actually playing them. I really couldn't care less what the resolution was as long as it looks good.  By the way, on my 60" LED, Mario 3D World looks amazing.  Haven't had a chance to play DKCR, but certainly there haven't been complaints about graphics.

This reminds me of the times when people were saying the 64 was better than the PS1 because it had twice as many bits.  People have always, and will always, compare sizes as if its something that actually matters.