By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 & Wii U duking it out. End of 2K14 sales prediction Thread.

The PS4 has done more in 5 months than the Wii U did in 17 months. Not to mention, Wii U traditionally has the shortest generation, less third party support for future years than fingers I can count on my hand, and cannot outsell the PS4 hardware wise with arguably its most mainstream appealing system selling game bundled.

Forgive me if I'm skeptical but nothing short of a casual reawakening is going to push the Wii U anywhere close to second let alone close to the PS4 in first.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
Kaizar said:
zorg1000 said:

What about Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, Assassin's Creed: Unity, Battlefield: Hardline, FIFA 2015? These are all games that will sell PS4 later in the year.

those IPs came out last year, so I don't see that much of a boost this year.

except for the fact that those ip gave PS3/360 boosts each and every year,

People can already play those IPs on their PS3/360, and most people who would want to buy a PS4/ONE to play these games, already bought a PS4/ONE.

Avro1958 said:
oniyide said:

pretty much this. Nothing wrong with defending your video game preference but why not do it the ENTIRE time. This whole "Ninty fans were getting beat up, boohoo" is crap. THAT should have been the time to show face. Anyone can back a team when they are winning, but what of when they are losing. In sports we call those fake fans.

But to call someone a coward seems a little over dramatic and not really fitting. Again, these are video games I would not call someone a coward because he is not defending his position on a daily basis on something so trivial. Maybe most don't feel the need to repeat their position day in day out as it falls on deaf ears?  What's the point in arguing when nobody really listens to what you have to say? These fans have every right to be happy about MK8 and all the positives, it's brought to their platform of choice! EVERY fan base has its bandwagoners, haters, blind followers, occasional supporters and diehards! Who are you to attack someone because they have reason to be upbeat? Is that Bravery? I call that fanboyism. 

I don't know, just seems like it's too much to call someone brave for taking a stance on a random video game topic that really holds absolutely no real life in consequence... Is it going to put his life, way of life others he loves in danger yet takes the risk anyway because what he is doing will change the world? Sorry, bravery does not come into play when talking about video games... Nor cowardice. 

fair enough. And again im not telling nobody not to be happy, im just saying where were they prior? and will they stick around after?  Im seeing a lot of blank profile pics and posts under 500. Cant be a coincidence. If i claim to be a Giants fan but only celebrate and sing their praises when they win superbowls and disappear when they arent doing to hot, im not a fan im a poser.

Experimental42 said:
oniyide said:
Max King of the Wild said:

Bravery: courageous behavior. Courage: strength in the face of pain or do something that frightens one. Why can't these people talk about their high hopes for wii U while it's doing bad? Because they don't have courage. What's the lack of courage? Cowardice. Dead serious. 

pretty much this. Nothing wrong with defending your video game preference but why not do it the ENTIRE time. This whole "Ninty fans were getting beat up, boohoo" is crap. THAT should have been the time to show face. Anyone can back a team when they are winning, but what of when they are losing. In sports we call those fake fans.

This is dumb. It's a console, not a football team. Gathering to cheer on an inanimate object with the three other people who happened to care at the time, isn't the same as showing up to support your team or your troops even when they're losing. It's a purchased good.

Here's how you can tell your idea of bravery is retarded. Substitute hotdogs for Wii U. Are you really going to waste time talking with people about a crappy hotdog? No. Now if you had a hotdog that came with the works and was grilled to perfection, you migh actually have something to talk about. You might want to talk about how to make a good hotdog. I've yet to see someone talk about the best way to make a hotdog taste like crap.

If that eludes you, how about comparing it to a pet? If you had a pet goldfish named Wii U and it got sick and died, you probably wouldn't have much to talk about. Now if you went to flush him and he came to life and jumped out of the toilet and back into his tank clear in the other room, you might have something to talk about. That's what happened with the Wii U this last week. The owners of Wii U are frickin amazed at what it di, and that's why they're talking.

the team analogy makes more sense than anything you typed. Teams win right? you cheer them. Consoles sell better than other consoles and win right? Are you not cheering for Ninty like you would your fav team? yes you are. Which is fine, but you go quiet when your team or console isnt doing hot. Which...is fine too. But that makes you look like a poser

The difference is the Giants are a team you cheer for and likely represent your community. A Wii U is a chunk of plastic filled with electronics that you buy. There's a huge difference. Do you take pride in having bought a Zune? No.

Around the Network
oniyide said:

fair enough. And again im not telling nobody not to be happy, im just saying where were they prior? and will they stick around after?  Im seeing a lot of blank profile pics and posts under 500. Cant be a coincidence. If i claim to be a Giants fan but only celebrate and sing their praises when they win superbowls and disappear when they arent doing to hot, im not a fan im a poser.

All good,  :-p, You know another reason is they could verywell be new... like myself. 

We differ on opinions, I suppose that's what makes things interesting... but I myself am a Habs fan and I don't really go all over the place defending my team or pumping them up either.. I find it takes to much energy to constantly go on about the things I like or defend my position all the time :-p Just pick and choose my battles :-p However like any fan I do show bias from time to time lol. 

Twilord said:
PS4 12 Million ~ Wii-U 10 Million ~ Xbox 8 Million

I hope this is a joke. Wii U will sell just as much as Ps4? Come on. 

2014 is gonna suck for PS4 in terms of reasons to switch gens if Sony don't keep hitting high-notes. As long as Nintendo don't bollocks anything this is definitely there year.

oniyide said:
Avro1958 said:
oniyide said:

But to call someone a coward seems a little over dramatic and not really fitting. Again, these are video games I would not call someone a coward because he is not defending his position on a daily basis on something so trivial. Maybe most don't feel the need to repeat their position day in day out as it falls on deaf ears?  What's the point in arguing when nobody really listens to what you have to say? These fans have every right to be happy about MK8 and all the positives, it's brought to their platform of choice! EVERY fan base has its bandwagoners, haters, blind followers, occasional supporters and diehards! Who are you to attack someone because they have reason to be upbeat? Is that Bravery? I call that fanboyism. 

I don't know, just seems like it's too much to call someone brave for taking a stance on a random video game topic that really holds absolutely no real life in consequence... Is it going to put his life, way of life others he loves in danger yet takes the risk anyway because what he is doing will change the world? Sorry, bravery does not come into play when talking about video games... Nor cowardice. 

You tell em!

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Twilord said:
Twilord said:
PS4 12 Million ~ Wii-U 10 Million ~ Xbox 8 Million

2014 is gonna suck for PS4 in terms of reasons to switch gens if Sony don't keep hitting high-notes. As long as Nintendo don't bollocks anything this is definitely there year.

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Twilord said:

if the Wii U sells 1.9 million then the PS4 for the rest of the year, somehow, then Twilord is right.