By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What is your stance on piracy?

I'm a pirate as well. I think that we should be able to download any product that is no longer for sale, or has never been up for sale, like live concerts. I also watch lots of movies and shows online. Screw the RIAA. It's their fault that they are losing money. If music was cheaper, I would buy it.

Around the Network

In this sittuation , there is no problem ... nobody looks at sales afther ten years ...

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

I think a person should be paid for what they create. I have in the past taken illegal copies of media, however, since the last few years I absolutely will not. I will not even buy goods I think may have been stolen. It is just wrong.

There is no reason why you can't pay $10-$20 for a cd or dvd. There is no reason why you can't pay $30+ for a game. If you pirate, you are stealing and that is socially and morally wrong and the only reason you do it is because you know it is highly unlikely you will get caught over the internet. Bet you wouldn't walkout of a store with that CD/DVD/game.

When I see these file sharing sites go down, I applaud. When I see the industry sue some people I laugh and say good.

Now, if it is an item that is no longer available on the market, then I would say its ok since the company/creator no longer have interest. Other than that, you are just a common thief.

IPR is not rated too high in my world but I still want new good games to come out...

Beware, I live!
I am Sinistar!
Beware, coward!
I hunger!
Roaaaaaaaaaar!

At least 62 million Wii sold by the end of 09 or my mario avatar will get sad

Its only illegal if you get caught.

EDIT: Okay, I wanted to add stuff to make my post a bit longer. I pirate music that is really hard to find, but thats all. Everything else is a gift. =D 

Around the Network

I support bands that put a lot of effort into their music and are trying to create something great and don't really get the attention they deserve (ex. Bloodsimple). I don't support bands that sellout and try to cash in on a popular genre (ex. Bullet For My Valentine). Plus I hate the RIAA.

Similar situation with movies, however I haven't pirated a movie since I started supporting Blu-Ray.

I have never and I don't plan to pirate Video Games.

Gamertag: KillswitchTris PSN ID: KsET665 Wii Friend Code: 8415 6393 6330 0940 (PM me if you add me)
Feel Free To Add Me Tag: LISMDK - Extremely bad taste in music

No respect for it. Get a job and pay people what they are due. If you don't think they are deserving of your money, then do without it.

Lol, I even buy all my music. I support what I like.

Just my personal opinion on matters. 

PSN ID: Sorrow880

Gamertag: Sorrow80

Wii #: 8132 1076 3416 7450

insomniac17 said:

Its only illegal if you get caught.

EDIT: Okay, I wanted to add stuff to make my post a bit longer. I pirate music that is really hard to find, but thats all. Everything else is a gift. =D

But the music that's really hard to find is the music that most deserves to be bought.  The musicians that make said music are probably struggling to make ends meet, due to the unpopularity of their work.

I only pirate stuff that is no longer on the market........

Conscience: Oh do you?

Yeah I do

Conscience: Oh OK goodbye

I like all my things to be legit. I don't even like buying 3rd party items (eg logitec controller), i don't know why, i just have a thing for only wanting to own the official product.

This is not just for games consoles, it is for everything. For example, if i bought a car and wanted to add a sunroof in it, i would only ever consider getting a sunroof made by the manufacturer of the car.