By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Up! 31st May 2014

vivster said:
I'm getting tired of this. Why give all the credit to the marketing?
Is it so hard to believe that people chose the PS4 to play Watch Dogs because they thought it was the better console and not just because their minds were warped by marketing?

This. The overall experience of the PS4 is much better than the Xbone.

By themselves, the <30 sec install times, better graphics, fluid UI and other small features of the PS4 may not be much, but put together and they form a well-rounded experience for the users.

The Xbone is still plagued by last-gen problems such as 30-minute install times and 720p resolution that it feels more like a PS 3.5 than a next-gen console. It's just a frustrating experience.

Around the Network

June NPD should be good once the kinect less xbox launches. That advertising for WD really paid off. Great job sony!

Ps4 is unstoppable.

Dat PSQuad!
Now with MK8 out, we can possibly see a higher baseline for WiiU. I don't think it will slow done fast either.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

CGI-Quality said:
With EU included, WATCH-DOGS did about 1.4 mill on PS4, alone! That's absolutely insane!

~1.6 mill (1,563,707) USA + EU only

WW probably 1,7~1,8 mill

Around the Network

The YTD graph hasn't been updated. I'd like to see that.

Also, this is the biggest WW up thread I've seen in a long time. Glad to see decent HW numbers and the community alive.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

CGI-Quality said:
OttoniBastos said:
CGI-Quality said:
With EU included, WATCH-DOGS did about 1.4 mill on PS4, alone! That's absolutely insane!

WW probably 1,7~1,8 mill

Forgot about "Rest of the World" + Mainland EU.

Damn near 2 million, on one platform, for a new IP, is unprecedented!

Yeah, not something many predicted.  How much did Titanfall on Xbox One and Infamous on PS4 sell on their first weeks?

This is the power of price showing its face..

Xeon said:
CGI-Quality said:
OttoniBastos said:
CGI-Quality said:

WW probably 1,7~1,8 mill

Forgot about "Rest of the World" + Mainland EU.

Damn near 2 million, on one platform, for a new IP, is unprecedented!

Yeah, not something many predicted.  How much did Titanfall on Xbox One and Infamous on PS4 sell on their first weeks?

i think infamous was something like ~700k WW FW e titanfall was ~900k.

jlmurph2 said:
CGI-Quality said:
HyrulianScrolls said:
CGI-Quality said:
HyrulianScrolls said:
-snip

System sellers don't generally increase hardware units beyond that of their initial release week. This will keep the WiiU higher than previous weeks, perhaps until the end of the month, but not enough to top PS4 any week this month nor enough to sustain similar strength throughout the Summer. Just doesn't work like that.

Um if that were true they wouldn't qualify as a "system seller." Rather just a game that had a big week and then dropped off.

If such is the case, have you got any examples to the contrary, particularly of late? As it stands, if you expect an increase in WiiU sales beyond the week of May 31, especially of any substantial amount, you will probably be wrong. 

Very true, this is the peak until the holidays. Which happens with every system seller.

I never said Wii U sales would keep getting better from here on out, but they're not going to fall off the cliff again right away either. Mario Kart is very much a "Brain Age" type of franchise. It will sell consistently for years, and now that it's off to such a big start it's only gonna help move Wii U's through summer. Wii U weekly WW sales aren't dropping below 50k for quite some time, bet on it.