By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Up! 31st May 2014

gergroy said:
spurgeonryan said:
3DS...those sales!

...are good???  ...or bad?

I don't think It's bad, but It's really dissapointing.

Around the Network

holy fucking sony!!!!! nice number for wii u. i hope they would keep it up... i only hope they are still on 100k the week after mk8

PS4's reactions to Mario Kart bump.

Seriously though, I had expected Wii U to be on top this week. Oh well, hopefully MK8 will give a lasting lift in sales.

Will be interesting to see if things get adjusted later this week. PS4 and WiiU are well within a 20% margin of error of each other. Next week should be interesting too. That 1.2m for Mario Kart was over 3 days, but only 2 are included in these numbers. WiiU number will probably stay pretty high for another week or two before slowly getting down to Xbone levels again.

8th gen predictions. (made early 2014)
PS4: 60-65m
WiiU: 30-35m
X1: 30-35m
3DS: 80-85m
PSV: 15-20m

random15 said:
Dadrik said:
Raziel123 said:
So i assume this means the PS4 has definitely surpassed 8 million by now? 2 more weeks and it goes past Vita i guess

It definitely did. But I think the PS4 numbers will slow down this year, since there aren't really big exclusives realinsing this year...

Except if the 3rd parties manage to sell consoles.

Destiny? And watch dogs did move PS4s

True, but I think Destiny have a bigger influence on XBO sales. Bungie is especially loved by Xbox fans.

Just because you have an opinion doesn't mean you are necessarily right.

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:
bubblegamer said:
bananaking21 said:
XB1 cant be true. im calling undertracked.

More like correcting the massive overtracking of the past.

still, XB1 not recieving a boost from WD is a bit fishy.

wait, i just checked previous weeks, were xb1 adjusted down and PS4 adjusted up?

yes

even wii u was adjusted down a little bit.

Dadrik said:
Raziel123 said:
So i assume this means the PS4 has definitely surpassed 8 million by now? 2 more weeks and it goes past Vita i guess

It definitely did. But I think the PS4 numbers will slow down this year, since there aren't really big exclusives realinsing this year...

Except if the 3rd parties manage to sell consoles.

third parties will move plenty of consoles.  games like destiny, dragon age, call of duty, etc. should all move quite a bit of ps4's (and x1's).    Exclusives certainly aren't the only games that move hardware, especially for sony and microsoft.  

Still, ps4 may slow down a bit in the next couple of months durring the dry period as supply completely catches up to demand.  It's almost there, but maybe a month more before I'd say worldwide supply is satiated.  

Now to see how the Wii U holds up over the next few months!

sully1311 said:
bananaking21 said:
XB1 cant be true. im calling undertracked.

Why? Wouldn't you wait 2 weeks to get $100 off if you didn't want Kinect?

correct me if i am wrong, but marketing for the 399$ console hasnt started yet, right? 

BAM!

those saying xbone would fly past wiiU before the end of this year just had their dream pushed back by 2 months.

watch dog's "pretend" exclusivity led to a much better bump for ps4.

...who am i kidding. even when i like the numbers i still can't take this site seriously.