By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Super-speed Internet satellite blasts off in Japan

wow now thats realy fast

Around the Network

Great my harddrive would be full in less than a minute;..

I already have fast internet the only problem is the fact that I have a limit of 16GB a month X_X.

just an idea of just how many leagues ahead other countries are compared to the US.

EDIT: ps, can everybody see this image? 

the Wii is an epidemic.

You guys do realize that the 1.2Gbps is not for one individual, its the total bandwidth for the satelite, meaning it could only support 1200 people with a 1mbps connection.

So the statement "Superspeed internet satellite" is quite false.

Lingyis said:

just an idea of just how many leagues ahead other countries are compared to the US.

this image is off... im running 15mbps and it takes about 40 minutes to download 1GB

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network
Username2324 said:
You guys do realize that the 1.2Gbps is not for one individual, its the total bandwidth for the satelite, meaning it could only support 1200 people with a 1mbps connection.

So the statement "Superspeed internet satellite" is quite false.

This satelite is not meant for gamers or city people, its to reach those areas with no cable or DSL.

Then the OP messed up and made it sound like it was going to offer that speed per person. Plus, as I already said internet speed is measured in BITS, not BYTES.

"If you don't like me, bite me!"

ssj12 said:
Lingyis said:

this image is off... im running 15mbps and it takes about 40 minutes to download 1GB

No, it is correct IF every device you go through and the source of download offers the same speed as you are connected at...

"If you don't like me, bite me!"

ssj12 said:
Lingyis said:

You all need to understand how massive the U.S. is and its much harder to have the whole country wired at high speeds, city areas go well above that, but smaller towns are far below, and then there are people still with dial-up, so the U.S. average is quite low.

wow 1.2 gigabytes per second

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

do take note of the "*Based on half of advertised speed, Oct 2007" part.

"real" download speed obviously depends on traffic, which varies depending on geography and time of the day you're using it.

you can be conservative and decide to chop another factor of 5 from the graph if you want.

the Wii is an epidemic.