By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Guerrilla Games NOT teasing/showing new IP at E3 2014

Makes you wonder what is it then that they have up their sleeve, i mean im sure they didn't hired those movie theaters for nothing...

Around the Network
Raziel123 said:
Again... "before E3".

Before.

Am i missing something (from different text) or did all of you miss that?

His answer very much indicates that he means not at E3 and probably not in the next months either.  "There is simply a lot of work that we need to do before we show it to our fans." doesn't mean "we can't show it this week but it should be ready next week".

He could be saying this to trick people, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

estebxx said:

Makes you wonder what is it then that they have up their sleeve, i mean im sure they didn't hired those movie theaters for nothing...

It can make them some extra money and they need money. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Guess were going to see a lot of 3rd party games at Sony's conference.

MoHasanie said:
estebxx said:

The tickets for that are free though.

Around the Network
MoHasanie said:
estebxx said:

do you mean the theaters?? how are they gonna get some money from that if the entrance is FREE?

estebxx said:
MoHasanie said:
estebxx said:

do you mean the theaters?? how are they gonna get some money from that if the entrance is FREE?

Oh I had no idea they were free. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Could easily be devs bs tin you just to get a big reaction later. Especially after project beasts leaks.

kitler53 said:
Shinobi-san said:

Don't have that sort of will power either.

The leaks have been particularly bad over the last year and during the build up to next gen. One wonders why these companies don't try harder to route out the leaks. That can be easily done by leaking specific information to certain people and then monitoring if it gets leaked.

I guess another reason why I will be more dissapointed by Sony this year, if they dont impress, is because they are currently in a dominant position in the home console industry and as a company they really need an industry where they dominate. This is a golden opportunity for them to take advantage of the momentum. But i have a feeling that they will let it slide, which is more evidence to me that Sony as a business lacks that killer instinct that little bit of something that makes one company better than the rest. I've been monitoring their mobile strategy, imaging strategy and gaming and it doesnt seem like Sony really has a plan to dominate anything. They've kinda struck it lucky with PS4 so i was hoping we would see more innitiative from Sony.

Companies that dont have a plan to lead industries usually fall by the wayside. And thats whats happening to sony now. Given their more streamlined focus i thought they would be more aggressive. A bit off topic i guess but oh well!

but in a truely honestly assessment don't you think sony has been pretty aggressive this gen?

they spent like 400M on gaikai and are launching psnow this summer bring playstation not just to consoles but tvs, tablets, and pcs as well which could massively change the landscape of video games.

they just announced project morpheous bring VR to market for possibly the first time ever depending on OR's release date.

ps4 does have massive AAA titles already and are being announced, 1 for 1 with MS,.. even moreso once some of xbox's "exclusives" go multiplat like PvZ.

ps4 has almost 3x the current games library as xbone due to an investment in indies,.. some that are massively good like transistor and (i expect) the witness.

sony trail blazed ps+ to give us "free" games making playstation a massively good value.  ..from day 1 on ps4 too not 8 months laters and starting with a port of a smartphone game.

sony didn't try to fuck us with DRM and they stood their ground against the likes of MS and EA to ensure it stays that way.

i dunno, MS has some amazing marketing because when i compare resumes sony has been far more aggressive and dominant then the general views of the internet would suggest.  i'm glad sales reflect this even if the internet refuses to give credit where credit is due.

true true kitler.

As for MS they've been pretty crappy over the last year. They've only recently gotten their act together. So just because im warning against Sony easing up, doesnt necessarily mean i think the rest have done any better.

I guess i was wrong in stating that Sony struck it lucky with PS4. They have done so many things right purposefully, however the lack of competition from MS was because of MS failures and thats where the "struck it lucky" comment came from.

I fully agree with everything you said, my thoughts on sony being aggressive was more about continuing the momentum and "killing off" the opposition. They've done well to get where they are but by next year the gaming land scape could change drastically depending on what Ninty/MS do. They need to push on. Further the sales gap. Establish a better gaming library than the rest with no arguments. Drive up the PS+ numbers. Keep on offering value. And most of all keep the hype and excitement up.

I actually expected more from the Gaikai purchase and sooner. Something that should have been ready for the PS4 launch and maybe an integral part of the system and a true money maker. As of right now its yet to release and we dont know the full details around the service offering or the impact it will have. But yes, the decision to buy Gaikai was quite aggressive, implementation and timing not so much.

Project morpheus is an interesting topic...for Sony i would imagine that it must have been pretty easy for them to come up with a VR prototype similar to Oculus. What i dont like about morpheus is that it doesnt seem to improve on the negatives around Oculus. And the biggest risk i forsee here is how Sony will handle the support for the device. The move was quite something too...but the support never came from Sony. If project morpheus is going to actually have an impact then Sony needs to somehow make support mandatory but in a way that devs dont feel obligated (sounds impossible lol). Another thing they really need to put some effort into is making morpheus accessible, desireable and most of all PRACTICAL. It needs to be sold at an affordable price and people must want to actually put that block of a screen on their head. Thats going to be quite something.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Shinobi-san said:
bananaking21 said:

well according to Shinobi Sony bend wont be at the show either. 

uncharted trailer. The Order Gameplay, project Beast, indies, a lot of third parties. have a great E3 guys. 

Dam it bananaking, just when you convinced me that this year wont be a filler E3...

Now it seems like it will be. Oh well, next year should be good. I wonder what they hell they are going to be showing for 90 minutes then..

sorry man, but that was before we new GG and MM wont show their games. and Sony Bend is rumored to not show theirs either. but past two E3's only one AAA game was announced. E3 2012 had Beyond announced and gameplay for GoW:A and TLoU shown and third parties. last years E3 had The order announced with previous games talked about and third parties. 

The Order gameplay, Uncharted trailer, Project Beast announced. smaller games, indies, a lot of third party games, most likely FarCry, battlefield, assassins creed, maybe the division as well. and thats all folks!