By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Forza Horizon 2 - 1080p, 30FPS

seems perfectly fine, id like to see the actual detail level during gameplay

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network
CommonNinja said:
30fps was expected, and to me is a good thing as it will allow them to push the graphics for the game. While 60fps is important for sim racers, for an open world arcade racers such as FH, 30fps is fine.

Lies and propaganda.

30fps is ALWAYS disappointing, unless you mean fine in the way my wife will say she's "fine" when she's clearly pissed off :p

But yeah, not unexpected for an open world game, such a shame that Criterion set us up for such high expectations with Burnout Paradise being 60fps. All went tits up after that.

I actually think 60fps is important for arcade racers too, I just understand when the environments are a lot more complicated.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Regardless what side you're on, the whole 60fps for "feel of the game" is blown out of proportion. It's more noticeable visually than it is in how the game controls.

If they own an HDTV, the average person is going to have 70ms input lag before they even get to how much additional input lag is introduced with 30/60fps. This includes the additional input lag the console itself adds as well. The 16ms or 32ms amount which is introduced afterwards is marginal and really makes little difference.

I wonder what tv everyone at this forum uses, because it'd be really ironic the people bashing a console or a game, etc, for running at 30fps and mentioning how 60fps gives such a better feel, when come to find out, they're using an HDTV that has 50ms input lag(30-50ms is the average now days. Few large HDTVs are 17-29.)  The only people who can really talk are those that go out of their way to play games on monitors(8ms) or tvs that have 17-19ms input lag.

Chris Hu said:
Totally fine with that the game looks gorgeous so far plus I will probably get both versions of the game (360 and X1). Hyped that it will have a lot of cars (hundreds so at a minimum 200) and the location is very good also southern Europe a lot better then the early rumor that it would take place in the deep south. Those two concept drawings that where shown of IGN actually made me think those rumors would be true and where a nice smokescreen. Hoping that all the barn finds will be European cars and that the radio stations not only play music with English lyrics.

So apart from the NON gamplay screenshots that have been released so far where have you seen actual gameplay to know that the game looks gorgeous?

Its just like when they first revealed Drive Club. Actual Game is nowhere near the quality of those screens

CommonNinja said:
30fps was expected, and to me is a good thing as it will allow them to push the graphics for the game. While 60fps is important for sim racers, for an open world arcade racers such as FH, 30fps is fine.

While Forza 5 has some amazingly detailed cars, you can tell the game suffers from them pushing for 1080p/60fps with a lot of low poly environmental models, and of coarse the fact that the lighting (while good) is baked in rather than dynamic. 30fps should allow them to really make the game look stunning.

Also, a lot of people here are comparing this to Driveclub which I feel is an unfair comparison as DC is not an open world game, and was delayed a whole year which has obviously allowed Evolution more time to fine tune the graphics.

If you are going to make a graphical comparison, then I feel that The Crew would be a much more fair comparison to make as it is an open world car game that will run at 1080p & 30fps, and should be coming out in the same timeframe as Forza Horizon 2.

How would you know that DC has had more development time? Considering they are both releasing at roughly the same time they might have the same development time frame.

Around the Network
Chris Hu said:

I really hope they scrape the standard cars for GT7 and enough with the Skylines already we don't need 80+ of them in every game.  Plus the engine sounds need a major overhaul along with the visual damage system.

Derailing? How is this relevant to the topic here?

Gammalad said:
For a racing game I will take 720p and 60fps over 1080p and 30fps

yea i was also thinking this..

I guess it's not a real racer then. That's what everyone kept telling me about 30fps.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Fusioncode said:
I guess it's not a real racer then. That's what everyone kept telling me about 30fps.

So thats why Mario Kart turns into an RPG when we play 3 player, oh well it was still lots of fun.

FH2: 108P 30FPS OPEN WORLD
DC: 1080P 30FPS CIRCUIT RACER

My 2 only conclusions about this:

1) DC developers aren't exactly the best in the industry...

2) DC has some AMAZING graphics, (obviously they would have to look better than FH2 graphics) thing that you cant tell on a horribly compressed Youtube video, and that you will truly appreciate by having FH2 and DC running at the same time side by side on some BIG HD TVS.