By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - E3 Strong Rumor - God Of War 4 Plot Will Show Kratos Fighting Egyptian Gods

Porcupine_I said:
Aren't the Egyptian gods all pussies?

If they aren't, Kratos will make them be.

Around the Network
Majora said:
Ucell said:
Majora said:
Ucell said:
I would like Nintendo fans to keep off this thread because all they are showing is hate towards GOW due to it being a PlayStation exclusive.

But but but - what about reasonable Nintendo fans who are genuinely interested in this game and have no intention of discussing any other game than GoW?? :D

I am glad you exist!

Haha thanks! I actually made a thread about GoW the other day because I just recently bought the trilogy :) not played it yet but excited too and also I am fascinated with Ancient Egyptian history so this game would be perfect for me!

I hope you love it. And if you do, pick up Origins Collection and Ascension as well. Origins Collection contains the two PSP God Of War games in HD, and they are just as good as the main entries. Ascension is worth picking up for the final boss fight and Trials Of Archimedes.

I'm going to play the first one tonight. See how I like it. I think I'm going to love it. It was recommended to me by my best friend who I think after 14 years knows me pretty well by now haha :)

Majora said:
I'm going to play the first one tonight. See how I like it. I think I'm going to love it. It was recommended to me by my best friend who I think after 14 years knows me pretty well by now haha :)

Please do tell me how you find the game.

Ucell said:
Majora said:

Please do tell me how you find the game.

Sure will! Thanks for being interested :)

Around the Network
Ucell said:

Plus its story is anything but western. It is basically like the tragic tales of Greek mythology. No other game has its kind of a story.

Hey man, I just wanted to let you know, the Greek epics and tragedies are pretty much the foundation of the entire history of western literature. So I don't really know how you could say they aren't western. Those tales, characters, and themes have remained part of stories for centuries and millennia, and videogames are no stranger to them.
GoW is perhaps the most cinematic game to take on the tales.

Skidonti said:
Ucell said:

Plus its story is anything but western. It is basically like the tragic tales of Greek mythology. No other game has its kind of a story.

Hey man, I just wanted to let you know, the Greek epics and tragedies are pretty much the foundation of the entire history of western literature. So I don't really know how you could say they aren't western. Those tales, characters, and themes have remained part of stories for centuries and millennia, and videogames are no stranger to them.
GoW is perhaps the most cinematic game to take on the tales.

But no other game has a story like that of Kratos. Maybe similar in some aspects, but still vastly different in others. Especially the way it is presented and the protagonist himself.

First impression - this is fucking epic!!!!! :D

Majora said:
First impression - this is fucking epic!!!!! :D

Correction this is God of Warrrr. Enjoy my good man. Kratos is orgasmicly good

spemanig said:
BMaker11 said:

"What has worked in the past largely still holds true here in great fashion. God of War III practically redefines what the word "scale" means with regards to videogames, as it throws you into scenes with Titans that are larger than entire levels in some other games. The scope of some of these sequences is nothing short of astounding, with playable sequences that take place on creatures the size of a skyscraper. Sony Santa Monica has been promising this all along, but even when you know what sort of experience you're in for, you'll still be blown away by the immensity of some scenes."

http://www.ign.com/articles/2010/03/08/god-of-war-iii-review

You were saying?

I hope you don't seriously think that quoting someone elses opinion supports your claim.

I mean, the general consesus of people talking about it in this thread, on the topic of GoW and scale compared to Bayonetta is that GoW >>> Bayonetta. CVG says it "dwarfs" Shadow of the Colossus in scale. There's this:

which was only a TRAILER for the game. Google "God of War scale" and every article talking about it says that it reigns in that area. Only you are saying Bayonetta is better. You are in the vast minority of both regular gamer and "professional" opinion. Look up "Bayonetta scale" and there's barely anything about it that shows up.