By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The "Why I don't hate any system" Thread

I don't hate on other consoles, just the games that are on them. : )

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

never hated any system nor probably ever would... just don't see the point in bashing other consoles. Only people who have a complex about rival systems can hate them.

...Well... come to think of it I can recall that I had my portion of system wars to. Way back in the early 90' (Amiga vs PC).

(\__/)
( -'.'-)
(")_(") This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

I don't hate any console but I like some more. How could somebody have such a strong emotion to something inanimate.

Its just stupid to hate a console.

You can prefer one, but hating is completely pointless.

I don't hate any myself but I have some reasons for not buying an Xbox360 or PS3 but since my bf has them I'd gladly play some games on them! XD

Around the Network

I agree with etocoon about the Wii. He is 100% correct.

RolStoppable said:

Was that "TRUE gamer" part really necessary? You just sound like CrazzyMan:

"TRUE gamers will buy PS3 once comes out. =)))"

1 + 2 = 5? Makes sense in Austria, I suppose

Soriku said:
I didn't start "hating" on any systems until I joined forums.

I blame forums!!

But whenever I get a PS3 all hating goes to a dead end for me,

Good point, Soriku! I never even really gave systems I didn't own a second thought until I started visiting gaming forums, which is only recent for me. To answer the original question Why I don't hate any systems: Because I don't have that kind of time on my hands to randomly dedicate to thinking about hating the consoles I don't own. Well, I sometimes have the time, but I have other hobbies for that.

i dislike systems, but i don't dislike games on those systems=)

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

My Sig says it all really

I am largely platform agnostic. I fail to understand why some people get overly fanboyish about what is an inanimate piece of electronics that's obsolete even before it's launched, when there are far more important things to champion, such as preventing environmental destruction or preventing millions of people dying unnecessarily from illnesses. This fact however, doesn’t mean I am not someone who doesn’t enjoy gaming as a pastime (as I have done for the last 20 years) or doesn’t have a strong interest in how the market is evolving – hence my presence on this site.

Platforms owned – PC, DS, X-Box 360, PS3, PSP and Wii.