By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The "Why I don't hate any system" Thread

There's always more to lose when you close yourself off from alternatives, although it can be easy to fall prey to fanboy tendencies when faced with aggressively one eyed opinions. I guess we sometimes react to the nature of the environment we find ourselves in. :)

In this generation, there appear to be two distictly different philosophies with respect to the direction in which gaming is headed, (casual, hardcore) which may have polarised opinions somewhat. Clearly, some have real difficulty coming to grips with non traditional games in particular, which is rather disappointing.

Around the Network
Dolla Dolla said:

Cause they each have games I want or will want in the near future.

I'm just tired of seeing people hate on a system. Each system brings something unique to the table. You should be on your hands and knees thanking the developers and creators of these systems. Each company participating pushes the other to higher heights. They are always trying to one-up the competition. This makes the Wii the most unique home console ever created. This makes 360's online service unrivaled. This makes the PS3 the all-in-one-stop shop. The stuff you've dreamed of happening in the gaming world can be made possible this generation on one of three systems.

You can have favorites, you can have preferences, but as a TRUE gamer, you can't hate on any platform.

/rant

Is that sorta like this?

To Each Man, Responsibility

Yeah! That's right! All systems are good! They all have some good games!

I agree. I for one have enough trouble playing the games I own on one console, so I had to make a choice. I confidently feel I have made the right one for me.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

I don't hate systems; I hate the ignorant fanboys of systems who spend more time insulting other systems than actually playing with theirs.

Around the Network

I love lamp

EMULATION is the past.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

This thread is bumped for more attention.

Nintendo & Sony supporter:

Consoles: Wii & PS3.