By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - "Wii will reach 45m this year" ban bet. Why did only one poster take it?

Some of you may have noticed that I made a bet with ___O_o______ (nice nickname btw) regarding Wii's hardware sales during 2008. I then put it in my thread in case there are more people who want to take it, in which case I might get banned for a few months if I lose.

I was wondering why no one else took it... Do people just not read sigs that often? Or do most agree that the Wii will reach such sales this year?

Just wondering... And remember that the bet is open until the end of March, so feel free to PM me if you want to take it!

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

well it was too close to call for me and not worth the ban. 

edit: did you win your bet against Just_Ben? 

edit 2: I just had a quick look at the sales, and it seems you lost your bet with Just_Ben. 

I think it will sell over 45 million. I would never bet though.

One month ban for something that is plausible...

tombi123 said:

well it was too close to call for me and not worth the ban.

edit: did you win your bet against Just_Ben?

The reason behind the 45 million number was that that particular poster seemed like he thought it wouldn't even reach 40 million. So I went ahead and gave him 5 extra million as a gift. I could even raise it a bit more, but now it's too late.

No, I don't think I won that bet (although I haven't checked it after the adjustments).

I like Bacon said:
I think it will sell over 45 million. I would never bet though.

If you think it wil sell over 45 million, of course you shouldn't bet. The bet is for people who think it won't reach that number (because it's a fad/Nintendo won't increase production/demand isn't that high/GTA4 will kill it, etc).

Around the Network

A ban would mean having to create a new profile to use during that one month ban lol.

Meh, Wii has the potentiall to reach that number this year with little effort...

i'll pass -D

Dark_Lord_2008 said:
A ban would mean having to create a new profile to use during that one month ban lol.

Yeah if you are an unsportsman piece of turd.

RolStoppable said:
I didn't take the bet because I like you and don't want you to get banned for an additional month.

I couldn't take the bet for the same reason. It's tempting though, like taking candy from a baby.

Finally there's a new taker, Rock_on_2008. The bet's open for 11 more days.