By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mortal Kombat X Officially Announced - Cross-gen, 2015

Literally can't wait, so glad to see MK get a resurgence as the most popular fighting franchise again in recent times as well, this should continue that.

Around the Network
poklane said:

Yay, another CGI trailer that doesn't say anything about the game besides Scorpion's new look!

"Scorpion kills Sub Zero again while I play unfitting music"

Mortal Kombat X announced for 2015 on PS3, PS4, X360, XBone &PC! First public appearance at E3 in LA next week - http://www.mortalkombat.com #MKX

Hopefully all, or at the very least plenty, details will be at e3.

Really liked MK9 and Injustice. 

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Mortal Kombat, II, 3, 4, and now X. I wish they'd decide whether they want to use regular numbers or roman numerals. Either is fine, but going back and forth looks stupid.

Around the Network
eFKac said:
DevilRising said:
TheDarkLink said:
So I can't buy it because it's not coming to Nintendo WiiU!!!

That's not 100% yet. It may. Injustice didn't do GREAT for Wii U, but Warner Bros., aside from the new Batman, seems to still be supporting...so who knows.

I already corrected you on it in another thread.

Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor, Dying Light, Batman Arkham Knight are not coming to the Wii U, this looks like it's not either, so WB has way less games announced for Wii U that are not coming than those that are coming.

Don't hold your breath.

Lego Batman 3 just got confirmed by WB.

WB hasn't abandoned the WiiU, they just treat it as a kind of risky platform.

For games like Injustice, you can pretty much figure a WiiU version of most games to sell no more than 10% of the best selling version of a game.

For any cross-gen game, there's no reason why a COD/Treyarch type deal couldn't occur to port the game for WB.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

press release

London, UK. – 2nd June, 2014 – Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment today announced Mortal Kombat X, NetherRealm Studios’ next highly anticipated installment in its legendary, critically acclaimed fighting game franchise that propels the iconic franchise into a new generation. Mortal Kombat X is scheduled for release in 2015 for the PlayStation®4 and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment systems, Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, the Xbox 360 games and entertainment system from Microsoft and PC. Mortal Kombat X will make its first public appearance at Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) 2014 in Los Angeles.

“Mortal Kombat is our acclaimed, world-renowned franchise and we are now advancing the fighting genre with Mortal Kombat X,” said Martin Tremblay, President, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. “NetherRealm Studios is best in class at delivering games fans love and they are taking their iconic brand to the next level with Mortal Kombat X."

“Mortal Kombat has always been about over-the-top, visceral fighting and with Mortal Kombat X we wanted to utilise the power of new-gen consoles to give players our most intense game yet,” said Ed Boon, Creative Director, NetherRealm Studios. “The team has worked hard to make sure Mortal Kombat X delivers everything fans expect along with new characters, new game modes and an all new graphics engine.”

Mortal Kombat X combines cinematic presentation with all new gameplay to deliver the most brutal Kombat experience ever, offering a new fully-connected experience that launches players into a persistent online contest where every fight matters in a global battle for supremacy. For the first time, Mortal Kombat X gives players the ability to choose from multiple variations of each character impacting both strategy and fighting style. Players step into an original story showcasing some of the game’s most prolific characters including Scorpion and Sub-Zero, while introducing new challengers that represent the forces of good and evil and tie the tale together.

Augen said:
On one hand I am very excited as liked the last one, on the other I really do not understand cross-gen in 2015 and hope there are two distinct makes rather than current gen having to sacrifice much.

Yeah, understood.  But, I'm doubtful it's its own game, considering how expensive that would be.

I'm just happy Sub-Zero is back.  Hope Frost returns and...  I dunno.  Kenchi, Bo-Rai-Cho, Nitara, Moloch, and Havok are the only characters worthy of returning from the 3D era of Mortal Kombat in my opinion (Frost too, obviously).  MK4 is open to discussion, because it's been too many years since I last played it or Deception.

But, I remember characters like Kobra and Dramin were absolutely terrible.

Burning Typhoon said:
Augen said:
On one hand I am very excited as liked the last one, on the other I really do not understand cross-gen in 2015 and hope there are two distinct makes rather than current gen having to sacrifice much.

Yeah, understood.  But, I'm doubtful it's its own game, considering how expensive that would be.

I'm just happy Sub-Zero is back.  Hope Frost returns and...  I dunno.  Kenchi, Bo-Rai-Cho, Nitara, Moloch, and Havok are the only characters worthy of returning from the 3D era of Mortal Kombat in my opinion (Frost too, obviously).  MK4 is open to discussion, because it's been too many years since I last played it or Deception.

But, I remember characters like Kobra and Dramin were absolutely terrible.

Wow you have possibly the worst taste! Frost?! Bo Rai Cho?!

I would say Nitara could be adapated to be made good, and Havok was great, but the rest are meh. I say just make new characters.

Anybody really disliked the music in the trailer? Doesn't fit Mortal Kombat at all IMO.