By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ryse would be praised if it was by Quantic Dream.

Tagged games:

Mr Puggsly said:
Ucell said:

Yeah in fact I think its much better than Uncharted. I don't know why PS fans praise Uncharted so much when their is God Of War around.

Apples and oranges.

Also, the GoW trilogy ended in 2010. People might be intrigued again when they start a new story.

And then they say that Xbox fans are all over shooters, when they themselves ignore the greatness of God Of War cause its not a shooter. I really dislike hypocrates, even if the are fellow PS fans. Seems like God Of War would get the attention it deserves more on Xbox than it does on PS.

Around the Network

Disagree.

It's a hack and slash game at heart.

Ucell said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Apples and oranges.

Also, the GoW trilogy ended in 2010. People might be intrigued again when they start a new story.

And then they say that Xbox fans are all over shooters, when they themselves ignore the greatness of God Of War cause its not a shooter. I really dislike hypocrates, even if the are fellow PS fans. Seems like God Of War would get the attention it deserves more on Xbox than it does on PS.

Eh, just be content with GoW being one of the most successful hack n' slash series ever.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
Ucell said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Apples and oranges.

Eh, just be content with GoW being one of the most successful hack n' slash series ever.

That isn't really hard to do.

Danman27 said:
Based on the ign review for ryse, it didn't matter if you pressed the right button for QTEs. The other big difference is determined by YOU in heavy rain. I've played through heavy rain 4 times, and got 4 completely different endings. They're different games made for different purposes, and it doesn't make sense to compare the two.

it does make a huge difference if you press the wrong button for QTE. it not only affects the bonuses you get depending on which you choose but it also effects your upgrades for marius. They must hav ebeen playing it on easy. On normal you get something if you miss it but you also also get penalize for pressing the wrong button. If you play it on th hardest difficulty ,, if you press the wrong button during the sequence,, you get no rewards and your timing determines  the amount of damage you , health you get , teh amount of focus you get and so on. In all honesty heavy rain story telling was flawed. they ended up creating alot of loopholes and creatign more questions rather then answering them. My dad who has never played a video game in his life,, watched m eplay the entire capaign  of heavy rain and he said that story is stupid and he kept on asking me questions  regarding ths story  which teh game didn't explain properly. However my dad enjoy watchiing Uncharted XD. The one after heavy rain does a much better job in story telling .

Around the Network

I am quick to hate on Ryse but never played it. Might one day if the planets ever align (resulting in a free Xbone).
BUT I have played Heavy Rain and found it incredibly overrated, so if Ryse is as 'good' as Heavy Rain then I (myself) will find it a very mediocre game.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

Why don't just put that if the game was exclusive to Sony it would get more praise since that is what you mean? You just forgot that most of Ms fanbase praised Ryse and quite a few bashed QD games. I liked both.
But the best part is to see people whom console can't play cinematics games come here complain about a genre they don't care and curse against people who think they are being obnoxious.
About Ryse, if the only change was the web on the cover the reception would be the same. Now if you are talking about reddo the game from ground up with QD gameplay philosophy that would change reception as much as the change were for the better.
The difference between Ryse and HR isn't marketing, but what the game was set to be and how close have it achieved that.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Fusioncode said:
Aielyn said:
DucksUnlimited said:
If your goal was to come across as closed-minded, you've succeeded with flying colors.

The whole "this product is different from what I enjoy/am used to, therefore it shouldn't be allowed to exist" line of thinking is incredibly childish. If you have a problem with other people being offered the oppertunity to enjoy something because you don't enjoy it, there is something wrong with you.

Oh the irony.

He's expressing an opinion that games trying to be movies end up being mediocre games and mediocre movies. You're telling him that he's closed-minded for daring to express such an opinion. And by doing so, you're actually demonstrating your own closed-mindedness.

If you have a problem with other people having an opinion different to your own, there is something wrong with you.

Oh the irony. 

It seems to me that you have a problem with him expressing his opinion because it's different than yours. Cinematic games can be good. Any type of game can be good. It just depends on the game. You're showing your own closed-mindedness by disregarding an entire genre of gaming simply because you don't like the idea of it. 

That was just me playing around, mocking his phrasing. You'll notice that I didn't say a word about my opinion of the games. I have no direct opinion of either game, never having played either one. But it was clear what curl's opinion was, and I've heard a similar sentiment put forward by others who played the game and didn't like it.

I'm guessing you chose Quantic Dream over say, Telltale, because they develop exclusively for PlayStation which would bring a different kind of argument into the thread?

Because Telltale get universally praised a lot more than QD for "linear titles that focus on telling a story and very reliant on QTEs" (as you put it).

And that, I suppose, encapsulates the difference. If you do it well, like Telltale continue to do, then there is praise to be had. If you do it badly, like Beyond and Ryse did, then there is little praise. Not a whole lot else to say really.

Mr Puggsly said:
Normchacho said:
A mediocre game is a mediocre game no matter what the dev wants people to focus on.

No, its all about marketing!

For example, Last of Us was pushed for it story and visuals. So much so that people ignored the gameplay was... average.

The difference being that the Last of Us had good enough gameplay to not get in the way of the rest of the game or it's excellent story. Ryse is an average story with great graphics and crappy gameplay.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.