By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - E3 insider lists Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare for Wii U

curl-6 said:
Mr Khan said:
curl-6 said:

This has happened for every COD game since Black Ops 1 in 2010; Sony and Microsoft versions are announced, no word on a Nintendo port.

Then, months later, a Wii/Wii U version is quietly disclosed, and nothing is shown of it until release.

The question is why. Shit's baffling.

One of the COD Wii U devs posts on the community forums, and he's as baffled about it as we are.

I don't think it's baffling yet, blops 2 was a launch game, so it makes sense it anounce it late, ghosts was probably in think about it phase, now if advanced war get's announced for wiiu later again then i would be baffled. samething is happening with watchdogs but since ghosts and watch dogs were deep in development they were not worth cancelling, and now you see ubi not really supporting the wiiu with there big games.

Around the Network
spadesrole said:

I don't think it's baffling yet, blops 2 was a launch game, so it makes sense it anounce it late, ghosts was probably in think about it phase, now if advanced war get's announced for wiiu later again then i would be baffled. samething is happening with watchdogs but since ghosts and watch dogs were deep in development they were not worth cancelling, and now you see ubi not really supporting the wiiu with there big games.

I very much doubt Ghosts was "deep in development" for Wii U by the time Activision saw how  Black Ops II was selling.

curl-6 said:
spadesrole said:

I very much doubt Ghosts was "deep in development" for Wii U by the time Activision saw how  Black Ops II was selling.

well you have to think it was already in development for sure, and they didn't wanna give up on the wiiu that fast after launch. just like ubi, they still released games AC4 and splinter cell and now, none of there big games are being announced.

spadesrole said:
curl-6 said:
spadesrole said:

well you have to think it was already in development for sure, and they didn't wanna give up on the wiiu that fast after launch. just like ubi, they still released games AC4 and splinter cell and now, none of there big games are being announced.

There's no way Ghosts Wii U took a year to make, when the engine and controls were already in place. They would have known about BO2's Wii U sales within weeks of its release, they had plenty of opportunity to cancel Ghosts U if they'd seen fit.

curl-6 said:
spadesrole said:
curl-6 said:
spadesrole said:

There's no way Ghosts Wii U took a year to make, when the engine and controls were already in place. They would have known about BO2's Wii U sales within weeks of its release, they had plenty of opportunity to cancel Ghosts U if they'd seen fit.

like i said it was already planned and in development, they thought about cancelling it but they didn't, heck samething is happening with watch dogs, but they didn't cancel it, now looks like ubi is pulling support, but if advnced war get's announced then you are right and i'm wrong, and then i will be baffled, they basically wanted to give the wiiu a solid chance before giving up imo of course.

Around the Network
spadesrole said:

like i said it was already planned and in development, they thought about cancelling it but they didn't, heck samething is happening with watch dogs, but they didn't cancel it, now looks like ubi is pulling support, but if advnced war get's announced then you are right and i'm wrong, and then i will be baffled, they basically wanted to give the wiiu a solid chance before giving up imo of course.

With groundwork already in place, it likely costs very little to port COD to Wii U. 

BO2 clearly made money, the question is, did Ghosts? (Which sold less)

DerNebel said:
Mr Khan said:
DerNebel said:

Yeah sure, as if MS or Sony would waste money on that. The Wii U version is absolutely no threat to their sales.

Then you explain why Activision acts like the game doesn't exist at all? Why confuse people for no reason?

I don't know. Whatever it is, Sony or MS are not paying Activision to keep the Wii U version a secret, that's a completely ridiculous conspiracy theory, they have nothing to gain from that.

"If you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

If you can't provide an alternative explanation of any sort, then don't bother objecting. It's improbable, but not impossible.

The most logical reasons off the top of my head as to why Activision would ignore the WiiU version:

1. They want to increase the userbase of the Xbone and PS4 consoles more than the WiiU, since they sell more software there
2. They put a huge emphasis on DLC, something the WiiU versions of their games don't support. If they want to maximize their profits, they want people buying a console version other than the WiiU version

Mr Khan said:
curl-6 said:

This has happened for every COD game since Black Ops 1 in 2010; Sony and Microsoft versions are announced, no word on a Nintendo port.

Then, months later, a Wii/Wii U version is quietly disclosed, and nothing is shown of it until release.

The question is why. Shit's baffling.

Because they dont NEED to, your theory is silly especially since we KNOW that MS has exclusive advertising with Xbox, been like that for years. ITs still funny how some people hold on to their conspiracy theories. Wii U version accounts for less than 1% of overall sales, laughable. Why would they even waste time with that? Hell be happy its even coming at all, Wii U fans know it is they will buy it if they want to and judging by the sales they really dont want to.

DerNebel said:
QuintonMcLeod said:

Why do people always assume this franchise won't hit the Wii U? This is the second time people have assumed COD won't release on the Wii U for unknown reasons.

The more you release subsequent itterations of your franchise on a console, the more you grow its audience. Activision understands this. I can't figure out why nobody else can.

That's funny cause CoD has been selling less and less with every subsequent iteration on a Nintendo console.

COD 4 MW is te cause of that.  Everyone jumped ship when that game wasn't out on a Nintendo system.  Now they have to rebuild from scratch.

On a side note Prestige edition only comes to SONY/Microsoft platforms so I have to buy on one of those systems