By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - E3 insider lists Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare for Wii U

If Mario Kart sells systems well, and the new owners take to the perfectly function free online and offscreen play, this could pay off for Activision. Its a smart move to give it one more try.

Around the Network

NOOOOO WAAAAAYYY

QuintonMcLeod said:

Err... Remember... We're talking about the West here.

Only 4 Tales games were released in the West on Nintendo systems ever. Tales of Phantasia for the Super Nintendo (can't find any reliable numbers for this title), Tales of Symphonia on the Gamecube (which still sold better on the Gamecube as opposed to the HD remake on the PS3. The PS2 version never made it out of Japan), Tales of The Abyss (which outsold the PS2 port, but mainly because this version was released outside of Japan as opposed to the original game) and Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World (which sold 200k in the US, but the PS3 version was never released outside of Japan).

Tales of Xillia still didn't outsell Tales of Symphonia, which was on the "flop" known as the Gamecube. There's overwhelming evidence that the Tales games do better on Nintendo systems in the West.

If this is about western releases, then your original post didn't make a ton of sense.  Of the last four Tales games to come out on Nintendo systems, two of them came to the west, including the most recent one.  That doesn't really fit with "Namco refuses to release this series on Nintendo systems".  That's a better ratio than the most recent four Tales game released on non-Nintendo systems (though apparently Xilia 2 and Hearts PSV were announced for the west in April which will put those ahead.)

I'm also not sure how that is overwhelming evidence.  Basically Symphonia did well 10 years ago.  Since then compared to the PS3 and 360 releases tales did worse in the west on the "massive hit" known as the Wii, and slightly better on the 3DS.  Although, the NPD numbers I can find are significantly different from the numbers VGC has, so this comparison might not even be useful.

The main thing they don't seem to like to do is release handheld games in the west.  Seems like so far only one GBA, one PSP and one 3DS game have gotten full western releases.  Also it doesn't look like any mobile games have made it over.  Really, other than Graces they seem to treat Nintendo releases the same as others in terms of whether it comes to the west or not.  I'd imagine that Vesperia PS3's success and Graces Wii's lack of it shifted their priorities from "let's release this in the west" to "let's release this on PS3".  If Dawn of the New World had performed like the first Symphonia in the west, I'd imagine their plans might have been different.

This has happened for every COD game since Black Ops 1 in 2010; Sony and Microsoft versions are announced, no word on a Nintendo port.

Then, months later, a Wii/Wii U version is quietly disclosed, and nothing is shown of it until release.

Expected but good news nonetheless. I'm hoping it stands up well against the other next gen offerings. I have a feeling it will.

Around the Network

Until Activision start releasing games on the eshop, as far as I'm concerned Activision don't make Wii U games. As someone who's not played many COD games I wouldn't might playing one every five years or so and if a well received iteration came out on Wii U eshop I'd probably think it's due.

curl-6 said:

This has happened for every COD game since Black Ops 1 in 2010; Sony and Microsoft versions are announced, no word on a Nintendo port.

Then, months later, a Wii/Wii U version is quietly disclosed, and nothing is shown of it until release.

The question is why. Shit's baffling.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:
curl-6 said:

The question is why. Shit's baffling.

One of the COD Wii U devs posts on the community forums, and he's as baffled about it as we are.

Mr Khan said:
JWeinCom said:
shikamaru317 said:
I'm kind of surprised since Ghosts didn't sell much on Wii U. I guess it sold just enough for the Wii U port to actually make a profit.

Could also be that Activision just wants to keep their relationship with Nintendo good for things like Skylanders.  Dunno why they have to make it a secret each year though.

Sony or Microsoft have to be paying them off. It's the only explanation for burying its existence as opposed to merely announcing its existence in the fine print (oh, yeah, there'll be a Wii U version too i guess).

That doesn't make much sense. Why would Sony or Microsoft waste money on trying to downplay a WiiU port that isn't going to hurt them in any way. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

It's cool, I guess the port is dirt cheap considering they have the engine in place. It's also fun to play CoD with motion controls - I'd buy every CoD if it supported Move.

The thing that really matters is why Acti is ignoring Vita. This really pisses me off. It will take 4-5 iterations of CoD on Wii U to sell as much as the shitty CoD: Declassified sold on Vita. The market is clearly there, yet they just choose ignore it. This is truely stupid on their part.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.