By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - E3 insider lists Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare for Wii U

Yakuzaice said:
QuintonMcLeod said:

I did read your post. I just didn't need to give you a long drawn out response, because it's evident that you're very confused.

1) My first post wasn't geared to you. It was in response to another post. So, obviously it's not going to be broken down so you (specifically) can understand.

2) I've broken down my meaning multiple times. I'm trying to clarify it for you now, and you're still trying to make sense of my older posts.

3) I've posted two links so far clarifying what I'm trying to say. Apparently you've neglected to check out both links. I can't help you if you refuse to check the sources in which I'm formulating my opinion.

4) There have been 5 Tales games that have not been released on Nintendo systems outside of Japan. That's right. Five. Then there's two others that are coming out that do not have any indication of being released on Nintendo platforms, period. If that isn't a clear indication, then I don't know what is. To me, it feels as though you fail to see the forest for the trees. Check out my links and form your own opinion. If you disagree, fine - but don't throw out my opinion because you failed to do your own research.

2. I'm trying to clarify the meaning of your other posts because you change your arguments and then say that I am confused.  The strangest one was where you tried to make out DotNW selling significantly less than Xillia in the west as a win for DotNW.  Especially after your previous claim about how much better Tales games sell on Nintendo systems in the west. 

3.  Your first link merely said Symphonia was the most successful Tales game in the west and gave some reasons why.  It didn't say Namco refuses to release Tales games on Nintendo systems in the west.  If you follow through to the Destructoid article, he does mention that their main audience is Japan.  This supports what I have been saying about Graces.  Considering DotNW didn't do that well in the west, Graces didn't do that well in Japan, and the Vesperia port sold great in Japan, it made sense for Namco to focus on getting Graces out in Japan on the PS3 rather than a western release for the Wii version.  They managed to get the Japanese PS3 port out in less than a year.  It took a further 15 months to release in the US on PS3 and nearly two years to come out in Europe.  By that time Wii sales had fallen off.

Your second link was that half hour youtube video.  You are crazy if you expect someone to sit through thirty minutes of some random person on youtube to supplement your argument.

4. I think the PSP alone has five Tales games that weren't released in the west.  I don't think any of the PS2 games got a full western release (for some reason VGC has European sales for Legendia, but it doesn't seem to have been released there).  The PS3 has one that didn't come over, and it wouldn't surprise me if Zestiria doesn't make it.  The PS3 will probably be dead in the west by the time it would.  Chances seem pretty slim that Innocence on the Vita will come over.

I'm not sure which two games you are talking about.  The only two I know coming out are Zestiria and Reve Unitia.  Zestiria shouldn't matter since your argument was about Nintendo platform Tales games getting released in the west, not Nintendo platforms getting Tales games.  Reve Unitia is coming to a Nintendo platform, but hasn't been announced for the west as of yet.  If you mean the western releases of Xillia 2 and Hearts, I'm not sure what you would expect.  Xillia 2 wasn't on a Nintendo platform to begin with, and the DS is pretty much dead (so is the Vita, but at least if that release did well they'd have more of a chance to capitalize on it with subsequent games).

2) Let me make my point clear, ok? Namco refuses to release Tales games on Nintendo systems in the west _despite_ the fact that Tales games sell great on Nintendo systems in the west. <--- This is my point.

2.a) Xillia sold only 50k more than DotNW in NA. This means both games sold relatively the same in the west. Xillia sold a little less than 90k more in Europe than DotNW, but that doesn't make DotNW a flop. Nor does it mean Tales games don't sell on Nintendo systems. Actually, it's quite the opposite. Tales of Xillia still hasn't outsold Tales of The Abyss in NA; which is a 3DS game - a PS2 port. In fact, the 3DS version outsold the PS2 version.

3) Baba said the Symphonia _series_ was the most successful. He's including both games.  Also, no one said that the article mentions anything about Baba saying Namco refuses to release Tales games on Nintendo systems in the west. Saying "Namco refuses" is simply my opinion based on circumstantial facts which I am bringing to your attention now. I've seen 5 Tales games released in the west not come on a single Nintendo platform. There's 2 more Tales games on the horizon and there isn't a single Nintendo platform on Namco's radar for either of those two games. What other conclusion is there to draw here?

3.a) That Youtube video isn't some random guy. He is the founder and editor-in-chief of Playeressence.com

4) There have been a total of 14 main Tales games released ever. 9 have been released in the west, and only 4 have been released on Nintendo systems in the west. Tales of Zestiria is in development for the PS3 only. Tales of the World is a spinoff. Xillia 2 is not planned for a Nintendo console release.

4.a) Just because a Tales game wasn't originally released on a console, doesn't mean its sequel(s) can't also. Tales of Graces f is a good example. So is the Tales of Symphonia series. 

4.b) There has been at least one Tales game released on the PS2 in the west.

I can tell you haven't done much research on this issue. I suggest you look up some of the things you're saying. Also watch that youtube video so you're at least somewhat educated on the issue I'm debating here. 

Around the Network

you dont play ghost on wiiu, thats a fact, i play online,  every F**** day is always full of people playing ghost online :/

34 years playing games.

Teriol said:

you dont play ghost on wiiu, thats a fact, i play online,  every F**** day is always full of people playing ghost online :/

even Mass Effect 3 U is full of people online. 

Click HERE and be happy 

EricFabian said:
Teriol said:

even Mass Effect 3 U is full of people online. 

a lot of rage kids, but  it is full of people.

34 years playing games.

QuintonMcLeod said:

2) Let me make my point clear, ok? Namco refuses to release Tales games on Nintendo systems in the west _despite_ the fact that Tales games sell great on Nintendo systems in the west. <--- This is my point.

2.a) Xillia sold only 50k more than DotNW in NA. This means both games sold relatively the same in the west. Xillia sold a little less than 90k more in Europe than DotNW, but that doesn't make DotNW a flop. Nor does it mean Tales games don't sell on Nintendo systems. Actually, it's quite the opposite. Tales of Xillia still hasn't outsold Tales of The Abyss in NA; which is a 3DS game - a PS2 port. In fact, the 3DS version outsold the PS2 version.

3) Baba said the Symphonia _series_ was the most successful. He's including both games.  Also, no one said that the article mentions anything about Baba saying Namco refuses to release Tales games on Nintendo systems in the west. Saying "Namco refuses" is simply my opinion based on circumstantial facts which I am bringing to your attention now. I've seen 5 Tales games released in the west not come on a single Nintendo platform. There's 2 more Tales games on the horizon and there isn't a single Nintendo platform on Namco's radar for either of those two games. What other conclusion is there to draw here?

3.a) That Youtube video isn't some random guy. He is the founder and editor-in-chief of Playeressence.com

4) There have been a total of 14 main Tales games released ever. 9 have been released in the west, and only 4 have been released on Nintendo systems in the west. Tales of Zestiria is in development for the PS3 only. Tales of the World is a spinoff. Xillia 2 is not planned for a Nintendo console release.

4.a) Just because a Tales game wasn't originally released on a console, doesn't mean its sequel(s) can't also. Tales of Graces f is a good example. So is the Tales of Symphonia series. 

I can tell you haven't done much research on this issue. I suggest you look up some of the things you're saying. Also watch that youtube video so you're at least somewhat educated on the issue I'm debating here. 

2. They don't refuse to do it because they have done it, multiple times.  There are also plenty of Tales games on non-Nintendo systems that don't come over, so it isn't some specific ire against Nintendo.

2.a 50k and 90k are a lot when we are talking about numbers this low.  It also did 40k more in "rest of world", that doesn't sound like much, but it means Xillia tripled DotNW sales in those territories.  Yes, Tales of the Abyss did well on 3DS (at least according to VGC numbers), but that was the most recent Tales game to come out on a Nintendo system.  Those sales had no bearing on their decisions with Graces or the DS games.  Now if Reve Unitia never comes out in the west, Abyss sales would be an argument there.  Abyss PS2 never came out in Europe and VGC doesn't have any sales numbers outside of Japan.  Abyss 3DS probably outsold it in the west, but we don't have the numbers to really know.

3. The title of that NinendoLife article is "series entry".  Also the Destructoid article it is based off says

"Baba, showing off the upcoming Tales of Xillia, said in passing that GameCube's Tales of Symphonia was the most successful Tales game in the West. Naturally, I asked why he felt that particular game resonated so well with western gamers" - Destructoid

Also

"I believe the success of Tales of Symphonia has multiple factors to it," Baba said, "the first being that it was the first Tales title that was rendered in 3D polygons, so we believe that was a huge component to its success." -Baba

It is very clearly only referring to the original Symphonia.  Even if he wasn't Destiny 2 didn't come out in the west, Xillia 2 hasn't come out in the west yet, Radiant Mythology sequels didn't come out in the west.  Pretty much every other Tales game it would be put up against would only have one game, many of which didn't get full worldwide releases.

"I've seen 5 Tales games released in the west not come on a single Nintendo platform."

Did you phrase this incorrectly or is this a different argument?  Are you saying that something like Xillia that was eventually released in the west should have come out on a Nintendo platform?  If so then that would come back to sales in Japan.

3.a Being the founder and Editor in Chief of a site I have never heard of still qualifies as a random guy.  If he was the founder of Namco and the video was actually specifically about Tales I might watch it despite its length, but that is not the case.

4. So your issue is that Zestiria and Xillia 2 are not coming out on Nintendo consoles?  This comes back to your original response to me.  You said we're talking about the west, but those games aren't on Nintendo consoles because of Japan.  Baba said in that interview you linked that Japan is their main target for the Tales franchise.  Considering how long it usually takes (1-2 years) to get these games out in the west, they clearly don't have a huge amount of resources dedicated to it.  I don't know why you'd expect them to port it to a Nintendo system just for western sales.  At that point you might as well just start porting it everywhere, Vesperia 360 sold better than Abyss and DotNW in the west, so why not port it there too?

4.a Graces came out on the PS3 because the Vesperia port sold incredibly well.  Symphonia got ported because the PS3 is the highest priority for Tales games in Japan and they didn't have a new one ready for 2013 in Japan.  What Nintendo system would you even expect them on?  The Wii? Wii U, 3DS?

4.b Legendia and Abyss came out in the US, but not in Europe.  Humorously enough the Gamecube was the first system to get a worldwide release of a Tales game as far as I can tell.

I think it is pretty clear I have done research on this.  I've discussed at length sales numbers and the various releases.  If you need people to watch a half hour video to see your point, you might want to reconsider your argument.  Or perhaps do a bit more research yourself.

Around the Network

CoD AW will be released on Wii U, with little to no indication of it being available on it in the advertising and marketing.

AZWification said:

Eh. Good news for the 3 or 4 gamers that played Ghosts on the WiiU!

Wii Mote is OP in those FPS's :)

Noshowers said:
AZWification said:

Eh. Good news for the 3 or 4 gamers that played Ghosts on the WiiU!

Wii Mote is OP in those FPS's :)

Only cos it is a naturally superior design to dual analogue. :D

Yakuzaice said:
QuintonMcLeod said:

2. They don't refuse to do it because they have done it, multiple times.  There are also plenty of Tales games on non-Nintendo systems that don't come over, so it isn't some specific ire against Nintendo.

2.a 50k and 90k are a lot when we are talking about numbers this low.  It also did 40k more in "rest of world", that doesn't sound like much, but it means Xillia tripled DotNW sales in those territories.  Yes, Tales of the Abyss did well on 3DS (at least according to VGC numbers), but that was the most recent Tales game to come out on a Nintendo system.  Those sales had no bearing on their decisions with Graces or the DS games.  Now if Reve Unitia never comes out in the west, Abyss sales would be an argument there.  Abyss PS2 never came out in Europe and VGC doesn't have any sales numbers outside of Japan.  Abyss 3DS probably outsold it in the west, but we don't have the numbers to really know.

3. The title of that NinendoLife article is "series entry".  Also the Destructoid article it is based off says

"Baba, showing off the upcoming Tales of Xillia, said in passing that GameCube's Tales of Symphonia was the most successful Tales game in the West. Naturally, I asked why he felt that particular game resonated so well with western gamers" - Destructoid

Also

"I believe the success of Tales of Symphonia has multiple factors to it," Baba said, "the first being that it was the first Tales title that was rendered in 3D polygons, so we believe that was a huge component to its success." -Baba

It is very clearly only referring to the original Symphonia.  Even if he wasn't Destiny 2 didn't come out in the west, Xillia 2 hasn't come out in the west yet, Radiant Mythology sequels didn't come out in the west.  Pretty much every other Tales game it would be put up against would only have one game, many of which didn't get full worldwide releases.

"I've seen 5 Tales games released in the west not come on a single Nintendo platform."

Did you phrase this incorrectly or is this a different argument?  Are you saying that something like Xillia that was eventually released in the west should have come out on a Nintendo platform?  If so then that would come back to sales in Japan.

3.a Being the founder and Editor in Chief of a site I have never heard of still qualifies as a random guy.  If he was the founder of Namco and the video was actually specifically about Tales I might watch it despite its length, but that is not the case.

4. So your issue is that Zestiria and Xillia 2 are not coming out on Nintendo consoles?  This comes back to your original response to me.  You said we're talking about the west, but those games aren't on Nintendo consoles because of Japan.  Baba said in that interview you linked that Japan is their main target for the Tales franchise.  Considering how long it usually takes (1-2 years) to get these games out in the west, they clearly don't have a huge amount of resources dedicated to it.  I don't know why you'd expect them to port it to a Nintendo system just for western sales.  At that point you might as well just start porting it everywhere, Vesperia 360 sold better than Abyss and DotNW in the west, so why not port it there too?

4.a Graces came out on the PS3 because the Vesperia port sold incredibly well.  Symphonia got ported because the PS3 is the highest priority for Tales games in Japan and they didn't have a new one ready for 2013 in Japan.  What Nintendo system would you even expect them on?  The Wii? Wii U, 3DS?

4.b Legendia and Abyss came out in the US, but not in Europe.  Humorously enough the Gamecube was the first system to get a worldwide release of a Tales game as far as I can tell.

I think it is pretty clear I have done research on this.  I've discussed at length sales numbers and the various releases.  If you need people to watch a half hour video to see your point, you might want to reconsider your argument.  Or perhaps do a bit more research yourself.

Your point is that Tales games rarely ever come to the west and that the fact that Nintendo systems were graced with 4; while Sony only received 4 and Microsoft only received 1 - I guess the point is that Tales games in general just don't get ported to western countries.

Alright then. Your points are valid. This doesn't say much about future Tales titles - but that's not to say those titles won't be released on Nintendo platforms. They very well could be, and my misguided opinions were just that. Misguided.