By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global HW 24th of may up.

GribbleGrunger said:

Well, you would say that you're a faggot ...

Before anyone complains about that statement or it's 'moderated', I want to make it clear I'm just making a point. I've instantly dismissed everything you said by simply labeling you a 'faggot' (a word two of my gay friends don't like at all, and rightly so). The word 'fanboy' is wrong for a similar reason. It instantly undermines any meaningful discussion and infers that the poster is in no position to debate. What you, and others, are doing when you use that pathetic word is manipulating how people view a comment. It then becomes the instant 'go to' rebuttal and so negates reasoning. Recently, in a thread I started based on a site called 'Insiderp', someone anwered the question 'why do people trust this site' with 'because it suits them'. This couldn't be further from the truth. I see the debate itself as meaningful and point (a/ the propostion) and point (b/ the conclusion) to be simply the catalyst for that debate. 'Fanboy' is an instant fullstop which both irritates the poster and stymies any thoughtful discussion.It goes against everything the word 'forum' stands for.

It has NOTHING to do with 'freedom of speach', it's designed to take it away.

I totally agree with what you're saying. But the case in hand is about somebody calling somebody else a fanboy. He stated that he heard from other people that the owner of the site is a fanboy.

Also the main reason why he was banned was because he said something bad about VGC. To me that is wrong.

Around the Network
Boutros said:
Troll_Whisperer said:
Why did Infamous sales increase so much?

Japan launch.

I really need to start checking these things better before asking questions.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

SWORDF1SH said:

I totally agree with what you're saying. But the case in hand is about somebody calling somebody else a fanboy. He stated that he heard from other people that the owner of the site is a fanboy.

Also the main reason why he was banned was because he said something bad about VGC. To me that is wrong.

Well I haven't really been following the whole conversation to be perfectly honest. I just couldn't agree with his definition of free speach and I'd already noted that a mod asked us to stay on top (which ironically I'm failing to do here myself).

The PS5 Exists. 

Troll_Whisperer said:
Boutros said:
Troll_Whisperer said:
Why did Infamous sales increase so much?

Japan launch.

I really need to start checking these things better before asking questions.

That's what forums are for ;)

GribbleGrunger said:
SWORDF1SH said:

Well I haven't really been following the whole conversation to be perfectly honest. I just couldn't agree with his definition of free speach and I'd already noted that a mod asked us to stay on top (which ironically I'm failing to do here myself).

Lol I know. I didn't mean to derail the thread.  I hate people over using the word fanboy. It doesn't mean that it shouldn't be used in the right cases. I think the word fanboy was used within context with the point he was making (he also didn't call anybody a fanboy). To get banned for what he said is pretty bad. 

Around the Network
SWORDF1SH said:

Lol I know. I didn't mean to derail the thread.  I hate people over using the word fanboy. It doesn't mean that it shouldn't be used in the right cases. I think the word fanboy was used within context with the point he was making (he also didn't call anybody a fanboy). To get banned for what he said is pretty bad. 

So ... what do you think of this weeks figures? ;)

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:

This weeks figures actually look right for the first time in a while :O :*

SWORDF1SH said:
GribbleGrunger said:

Well, you would say that you're a faggot ...

Before anyone complains about that statement or it's 'moderated', I want to make it clear I'm just making a point. I've instantly dismissed everything you said by simply labeling you a 'faggot' (a word two of my gay friends don't like at all, and rightly so). The word 'fanboy' is wrong for a similar reason. It instantly undermines any meaningful discussion and infers that the poster is in no position to debate. What you, and others, are doing when you use that pathetic word is manipulating how people view a comment. It then becomes the instant 'go to' rebuttal and so negates reasoning. Recently, in a thread I started based on a site called 'Insiderp', someone anwered the question 'why do people trust this site' with 'because it suits them'. This couldn't be further from the truth. I see the debate itself as meaningful and point (a/ the propostion) and point (b/ the conclusion) to be simply the catalyst for that debate. 'Fanboy' is an instant fullstop which both irritates the poster and stymies any thoughtful discussion.It goes against everything the word 'forum' stands for.

It has NOTHING to do with 'freedom of speach', it's designed to take it away.

About the sig better ask axumblade directly

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

SWORDF1SH said:
ICStats said:

No, just calling anyone fanboys is against the terms.

If the rule is that you're not allowed to call anybody a fanboy then he didnt break any rules. Read his post again. If he isn't allowed to say that somebody else called somebody then he did break rules.

Personally I think it's a little too far to get banned for saying something bad about VGC. He put his point across and although he could of put it across a bit more better I don't think it's that bad. You should be allowed to express your opinion unless you get abusive.

So now we can just phrase everything like: "A little birdie told me SWORDF1SH is a real fanboy" and it will all be technically not breaking rules.  He got banned under the spirit of the law I'd say.

My 8th gen collection

SWORDF1SH said:
GribbleGrunger said:

This weeks figures actually look right for the first time in a while :O :*

The Xbone seems overtracked and the PS4 seems undertracked.